Tuning Recommended Shocks and springs?

Currently reading:
Tuning Recommended Shocks and springs?

Ultimatum

Yay i am rattle free
hi, i have a 1.2 8v 03 plate mk2 punto, and the rear suspension is on its way out, and i figured i might as well the replace the whole front and back while am at it.

and i wanted to know does anyone know where i can get any good racing or better than standard shocks and springs that ARE NOT shortened or lowered, as i have a problem with the exhaust hitting the rear axle, as it is not a genuine part, and i,ve have it moved up to sort it out, and don't want to lower the car and make it a problem again :p

i have look everywhere and i cant for the life of me find any none lowered other the the standard ones that have gone on it, so any help anyone?

thanks

chris

You won't find any performance springs that are the same height as standards.

Sort your exhaust out, how lazy can you be?

The exhaust is a problem whether your car is lowered or not. If it interferes with the suspension travel anywhere between fully extended and hitting the bump stops, then it is wrong, and possibly dangerous.

Then, with everything sorted, consider uprating the suspension. I'm sure richie.guy will back me up when suggesting Eibach Pro (not Sportline) springs. Dampers, opinion is more varied. My personal choice will be Bilstein B8s, but financial limitations may mean Spax Nitrogen shocks for me instead.

thanks, i thought as much,

yeah that's what i had heard was best , i was going to get bistien OE's, i found them front and back complete with springs for around £350

the exhaust is no problem at all, its been moved up and its miles away now, i just didnt want to lower it and make the rear arm travel back towards it

its a shame no one does performance none lowered shocks and springs, i had a old punto 55sx which i lowered 30mm and i went over a speed bump and it ripped the whole exhaust off lol, and the car wasn't even that low :p

Back