Rear Wiper Arm

Currently reading:
Rear Wiper Arm

J

Joe Sinclair

Hi guys,

This is my first post. I have had a look through the forums but I can't see anything that answers my particular question.

I bought a 1996 P reg Fiat Brava SX 1.6 which had a missing rear wiper. I figured it would be easy to fix that so it didn't put me off buying the car.

I ordered a rear wiper arm assembly from a scrap yard over the Internet and it arrived on Monday. I tried to fit it last night but it doesn't appear to match my car. They definitely took it off a Brava, but maybe there are different types of Brava?

The website link below has a bunch of photos. I'm hoping you guys can take a look at my photos and let me know what part I am missing, or if they've sent me the wrong part altogether?

http://www.joesinclair.co.uk/fiat/fiatrearwiper.html

Some extra details: The wiper motor whirrs just like I would expect it to, roughly every 1.5 seconds if I rotate the stalk control to activate the rear wiper. However if I stand behind the car watching the bootlid, the little round thing that sticks out of the bootlid doesn't rotate when I hear the whirring sound. I guess the rotating is internal and I need some kind of spindle to connect the wiper arm?

I can see some knurled markings on the inner surface of the hole through the wiper arm..

Thats about everything I have to offer, I hope you guys can give me some tips that will help me get this thing sorted out,

Cheers,

Joe

I forgot to mention, please excuse the terrible carpet in some of those photos, we've only just moved home and haven't got rid of the awful lounge carpet yet!

The metal spline has broke off on your wiper motor hence why it doesn't fit. You need a new wiper motor.

Also why not buy a new wiper arm instead of a second hand from ebay. Probably cost you the same too.