Technical Rear windscreen washer not working.

Currently reading:
Technical Rear windscreen washer not working.

RichT1

Hi all

Next issue on the son’s Seicento.

The front windscreen washers are working, but the back one is not (wiper is fine) A quick look on the forum, it seems that there are 2 pumps? Can anyone let me know where the pump for the rear washer is located please. I’ll also look to check the pipe is not blocked.

Anything else I should be checking?

Cheers

I’m sure the Seicento just has a single pump which runs in one direction for the windscreen and the opposite direction for the rear.

Pump (or pumps) are on the reservoir.

Check the non return valves. I’ve had those fail before.

Last edited:
it can be accessed from behind the drivers side wheel arch liner.

you can swap the pipes round to check if it is a non return valve or pump problem. its normally just the pump.

Thanks for replies.

I will have a look at the weekend when I can get the wheel off. Having tried again, the pump seems to be working, but when you try to pump the rear window washer I noticed a huge leak running down the offside front wheel arch on to the drive!!! So hopefully might just be the Non return valve.

If it isI’m assuming you can get these on eBay? I know a few parts are starting to get a bit scarce

...I noticed a huge leak running down the offside front wheel arch on to the drive!!! So hopefully might just be the Non return valve.

If it is, I’m assuming you can get these on eBay? I know a few parts are starting to get a bit scarce
They are very generic universal parts.

Might just be a split pipe. I had that in my cinq. Chopped and inch off and connected it back to the pump and it's been fine ever since.

Had a look today.... well -

1. Pump is working
2. Front works well
3. leak is not from pump
4. Leak appears to be behind a part of the chassis which is difficult to get to without taking a lot of bits off...
5.so 2 choices..... remove the bits and sort or just leave - don’t believe rear washer is an MOT fail.....??

Back