Rear windscreen washer / boot light !! HELP !!

Currently reading:
Rear windscreen washer / boot light !! HELP !!

T

Tom Stanley

The rear windscreen water squirter of my Bravo (100 SX)wasn't working, so I took off the back panel on the tailgate and reconnected the tube to the wiper which had obviously popped off. (a common Bravo fault apparently)
Unfortunately since then, the internal boot courtesy light won't turn off .... I think that leaking water from the nozzle may have shorted it ? (or there's a switch somewhere that I don't know about)

Has anyone else had this happen, or know how I can turn the damn thing off, or know where the switch is located so it doesn't keep draining my battery ??

Thanks

Tom

Boot Light

I had a similar problem after my rear washer disconected itself, but in my case the light wouldn't come on. On my T reg 80sx there is a small micro-switch in the lock assembly on the lid of the boot. If you remove the plastic cover from the back you can adjust it. I am not sure if this is the same on the earlier version of the Bravo.

Incidently I suspect, although this is partially a guess, that the rear washer becomes disconected if it is used when the jets are frozen.

I hope that this helps.

Bootlight switch

To stop the battery draining in the short term just take the bulb out of the bootlight (prise off the cover with a flathjead screwdriver). Thw switch on my '98 Bravo broke too, It is part if the four brass prongs that press into the four brass plates just to the left of the boot lock. Mine was replaced under warrenty (I bought it second hand from a Fiat dealer). It probably got wet and seized/ shorted out.