General Rear washer stopped working

Currently reading:
General Rear washer stopped working

ryandeacon

Hi all I've got a Fiat Tipo estate and for some reason the rear washer has stopped working I've got fluid coming through just not through the jets, how do I get access into the 3rd brake light so I can check if the pipe has came off. Many thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220412-221735~2.png
    Screenshot_20220412-221735~2.png
    903.5 KB · Views: 208
Hi all I've got a Fiat Tipo estate and for some reason the rear washer has stopped working I've got fluid coming through just not through the jets, how do I get access into the 3rd brake light so I can check if the pipe has came off. Many thanks
Hi we have the same issue with our rear washer - all i can find is a mention to remove the plastic panel inside the tailgate behind the 3rd brake light. Guessing it is held in by plastic clips.

Did you have any joy getting to the rear washer?

Good afternoon 🌞 I found out to get access to it all you have to take off the 2 outer casings below 3rd brake light which run up sides of rear window BUT they break easily as glued and clipped on I took mine to Fiat themselves due to washer fluid leaking onto dab aerial then blow 3rd brake light £600 plus later all fixed but they broke those 2 side casings 😤😤

Ouch £600, thank you for your reply - I managed to remove the plastic cover and saw the "glued clips" (thank you for the heads up)

I discovered a series of x4 bolts which I hoped would allow me to lift the top part of the tailgate away from the main tailgate structure with the 3rd brake light unit enclosed but after some pushing and pulling decided I was probably going to break something so I put it back.

Nonetheless it was interesting to learn more about the car. For the moment the rear windscreen wash runs down the side of the tailgate with a few drops actually making it out of the intended nosel.

That said I did manage to fix the original problem which was the hose had become disconnected under the bonnet by the windscreen wipers.

Only just seen this. The hose becoming disconnected is a pain, this happened on my 2017 model. I didn't know where any clips are but essentially th black parts to the sides of the rear window are glued down and have some clips on, probably best to get some kind of heat gun on those. The top roof part of the boot is a pain to get off and you'd be best trying to unclip the liner inside the car to gain access to any bolts here.

Back