General Rear Subframe bushes

Currently reading:
General Rear Subframe bushes

My car failed its MoT for the rear subframe bushes, it was only failed on the front pair but they were all a bit ratty.
Because they are an interference press fit you cant buy them seperatley. The Weekend subframe is not available now either.
This didn't look good for the car, but there is a third party supplier A to Z Dewsbury. I got a set of each via Ebay and they did the job. The web site shows them being the same bush across all Mareas, but that's your decision I can only say they fit the Weekend.
Changing all 4 was good decision no one would want to take that down twice and the rear bushes were starting break up as well. Car has a ticket for another year:)

Fortunately there are bushes available now, on Ebay a few places list them as either Borg & Beck or Firstline...

The problem is identifying the car, but I suspect the new parts will fit all Tipo platform cars even though the factory design was different (I think) between Tipo, Coupe, Brava/Bravo, Marea, Multipla......

In other words if your car isn't listed you will probably be OK with an equivalent.

It's a shame that there was this weakpoint on the cars.. many were scrapped early because the repair parts just weren't available.

The year before the car wandered a bit, not terrible but I noticed it.There was no rattle, but if the suspension suddenly dropped (not that I park 1/2 way on the kerb) there was clunk. That was the trailing arms at the back. I bought OE ones but you can get repair kits.
Get the car in as early as possible for its MoT then you have time to fix things before it makes life difficult.

these pieces aren't listed on EPER, they seem to be integral to the subframe, are they a pain to fit? does the fuel tank need dropping to get full access?
The parts that i have found on Oscaro under the marea section, seem to have parts numbers which correspond to the Palio :/ who's bushes do not seem to be integrated to the subframe.
https://www.oscaro.com/suspension-c...5-week-end-1-9-jtd-110cv-1080-2845-303-gt#303

In any case, my car is going to a dealership for a diagnostic with symptoms which sound similar to yours, a wandering rear end, and imprecise steering and handling, hopefully i will get at least confirmation of one or more of my suspicions, as i dont have the time or money to just throw parts at the old girl. That being said, i think pretty much everything rubber based, is old and needs replacing on a car which is 17 years old.

Mine pulled in fine with a suspension bush puller. You are right that they aren't on EPER, Fiat only supplied sub frames with the bushes already pressed in, mine came from A to Z in Dewsbury and fit well. They are on Ebay
Its a pig of a job. Fuel tank off , back box off, disconnect brake hydraulics and handbrake, then you can get the subframe down. The 4 bolts holding it on mine came out easily digging out some rubber to get to them and a quick squirt of plus gas. If they broke off you would be in a world of pain.

Back