Technical rear Speakers MK2

Currently reading:
Technical rear Speakers MK2

chandler32

anyone fitted rear speakers to a MK2 before? they look like 10cm grills with two fixing mounts. Will standard speakers fit? the wiring is easy, just getting the right speakers....any recomendations?

thanks guys and gals.

At first, I decided to replace my 10cm speakers but I couldnt tell any difference.....so, I sold those and got some Sony 6x9's on the parcel shelf. They do make more noise but there isnt enough bass on them (thats wen i got a sub) Anyway my mates got some pioneer 6x9's on his parcel shelf and they sound ace...
I'd do that if I was you...but whatever size speakers you want, get Pioneer NOT Sony.

EVERYONE- SPRAY YOUR PUNTOS BLACK

Just get some decent speakers in the front doors, and forget about the rear, you won't hear them over the decent speakers in the front anyway :D

And as for the passengers in the back??

Screw them I'm driving!! lol :D

My point exactly :). Im waiting for my nice new £250 Sony Xplod minidisk headunit to replace my £99 one stolen on christmas eve. I dont mind the little pecker taking the stereo but there was no need to ram a 9"screwdriver through the door under the lock get in the car then rip the stereo out without unplugging it dumb c*nt [xx(]

I'm running a Kenwood minidisc headunit. the standard speakers are ok b ut the tweeters seem to rattle. i'd prefer a good, dynamic sound rather than thumping bass (most of the time) is there any point swapping the fronts when the cables are so tiny? Any suggestions?

yeah def swap the fronts for a decent set (over the sh1tty cardboard standard ones!!) They measure 16.5cm i think. But it is worth gettin new rears too....you can get 'modest' sub woofers that add a little bass to the sound and wont be too thumping- when ur ready neway

so whats a modest sub like? when people say SUB i visualise a carpet covered box that almost fills the boot with a speaker the size of a bin lid on the side. is that accurate? has anyone made a nice custom build? photos?

The Sony xplod head units are great, but speakers are pants.
As for the modest subs, my mates just bought a kenwood that has its own amp and two subwoofers on top. Its very small, obviously not producing as much bass as mine (but mine takes up all the boot).

Heres a link to that kenwood-
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews7383.html

nah....ill show u oneday ;) u hook up the xplod spkers an there jus as good as most, however it depends which ones u get, kus the expld variety covers alot rangin from lik 170watt 2 270

Back