General Rear seatbelt anchor bolt

Currently reading:
General Rear seatbelt anchor bolt

Alexcubek

Hi, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction? On stripping out the rear interior panel to get the failed blue and me unit out to send off for repair I sheared the rear seatbelt anchor bolt. I will have to try and drill the remaining half out. I have searched ebay and google, but can’t seem to find anything for a Fiat 500. Can anyone help?

Hi, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction? On stripping out the rear interior panel to get the failed blue and me unit out to send off for repair I sheared the rear seatbelt anchor bolt. I will have to try and drill the remaining half out. I have searched ebay and google, but can’t seem to find anything for a Fiat 500. Can anyone help?
This happens quite regularly 😕.
A search on here will find more.

What are you trying to buy.?

Tools to restore the thread.. Or just a replacement bolt?

This happens quite regularly 😕.
A search on here will find more.

What are you trying to buy.?

Tools to restore the thread.. Or just a replacement bolt?
Hi thanks for the reply, not sure at this stage, I haven’t attempted to drill it out, but thought I would buy the bolt 1st

Seat belt bolts, I think, still use a UNF thread, although many will have metric heads on them. Therefore replacements can come from lots of sources. Length needs to be similar, to ensure it is long enough to fully thread into its mounting, but not too long to foul anything on the other side.

Many lower mounting bolts protrude a little under the car, so they get rusty. When you try to undo them, the rusty bit grips, and the bolt shears. If this has rusted under the car, you may be able to wind it in instead of out, and let the broken bit drop out under the car. If it has rusted inside the sill, winding it in will create a very annoying rattle inside the sill.

Securon say they are all 7/16" UNF.
These guys may also be of help. https://www.quickfitsbs.com/index.php
There may be other companies out there.

Hi thanks for the reply, not sure at this stage, I haven’t attempted to drill it out, but thought I would buy the bolt 1st

Drilling.. From inside the car

Will add both Heat.. And Torque to the seized remnants of the bolt

A normal drill will go up to @13mm.. That will make a 'tube' of the remaining bolt.. So the walls of the remaining bolt can flex and break the rusted bond 🙂

In my ageing stash I have three seat belt bolts.
Two are about 31mm thread length, the other only 22mm.
One long, and the short one, have 11/16" heads. (I think a 17mm spanner fits fine) They have thin heads, as used to be the norm.
The other long one has a normal thick head, and is 16mm spanner size.
All are 7/16" UNF thread, despite the metric head on one.

If any, or all of these are of use to the OP, send me a private message, with your address, and I'll pop it/them in a jiffy bag and post it.

Sorry the pic is poor, that's my best photography, right there.
The thick headed bolt is sticky, as it was wrapped with insulation tape, no idea why, but has now picked up some fluff. If useful, it'll need cleaning.

DSC_0093.JPG

I have done exactly the same thing however my thoughts are to put a stud extractor on the inside of the wheel arch and wind the bolt straight out into the wheel arch!
I have a more pressing problem. I have just put the car back together again and appear to have misplaced the little piece of plastic trim that clips to the door card where the seat belt goes behind the door card, does anybody know what this part is called so i can source another??

I removed the door card a few months ago and have only just put it back in. Car doesn't get used that often and when it does nobody sits in the back thus the reason i am only piecing it back now.

I'll wager, It's either still on the seatbelt behind the card or still behind the card anyway... first time I took mine off I forgot to poke the flexi bottom seatbelt retainer through the hole in the card, it stayed that way till the following week when I could be bothered to get it off again. :ROFLMAO:

Oh, and I broke the bolt too, retapped and put in another bolt.

Doing what Paul said is a good plan! you take the wheel off -clean the stub of bolt with a wire brush,soak in releasing fluid then give a couple of light taps with a hammer to shock the threads, then using a socket set three roller stud extractor! wind it out!, should leave the thread clean for a new bolt whereas any kind of drilling will almost certainly mean it would need re-cutting!.

I'll wager, It's either still on the seatbelt behind the card or still behind the card anyway... first time I took mine off I forgot to poke the flexi bottom seatbelt retainer through the hole in the card, it stayed that way till the following week when I could be bothered to get it off again. :ROFLMAO:

Oh, and I broke the bolt too, retapped and put in another bolt.
Will poke my phone down and have a look!! Hopefully its there. Was a right arse to put back on dont fancy taking it off again - maybe look for someone with tiny hands

Back