Technical Rear screen / boot moisture in Brava

Currently reading:
Technical Rear screen / boot moisture in Brava

Hi all,

I've noticed an annoying problem with my 2001 Brava lately, wondered if anyone has any experience or advice...

This may be due to the recent wet weather, or just wintry dampness in the air...

Basically there is a lot of condensation / moisture forming inside my rear hatch glass (and under the sunroof), and in addition the boot floor mat is always damp. But I don't know if the damp is getting to / coming from the floor first (and then evaporating in the car and condensing on the cold glass), or if it's coming from the glass and dropping onto the floor.

Is it possible that it could be coming from the sunroof somehow? I've read the old posts about leaky sunroofs and clearing drain holes and gumming up gaps in the frame, but I would say that I haven't had problems with leaks as others have had.

I will check the drain holes for blockages and draining out to the wheel wells, but I'd appreciate any informed input..

Cheers

John

Have you used the read sprayer?
Mine has popped off inside the trim and PO has glued it in place so I cant reattach it. All the washer fluid comes inside the car.

For sunroof I cant help as it is not standard in here and I haven't seen one.
You could always add silicate catlitter inside couple socks and place them inside to remove moisture.

I thought about the rear washer as a possibility.... actually I worked on it a couple of weeks ago trying to re-attach it but the pipe connector was damaged so I left it disconencted (I took the second pipe section away as well). But in any case the line was blocked and nothing came through, so I don't think that's the problem.

I checked the sunroof drains and gave everything a good clean. Water drained out of the rear wheelarch pipes OK, and the front holes cleared water from the sunroof frame OK but I didn't see anything dripping by the front wheels. But the car was i=on a slight slope backwards so I'm fairly confident about the drains.

Back