Technical Rear door lock removal/replacement?

Currently reading:
Technical Rear door lock removal/replacement?

Anyone had a go at replacing a rear door lock?
Mine apparently has seized in the locked position.
Have had the interior panel off, and can see most of the 'gubbins' but before I attempt to replace it with one from a breaker, anyone any tips, or things to watch out for, as once I get door opened, need to be able to close/lock it again, for security...
Garage reckons about an hour or so labour, if they do it. Wonder whether its worth letting them do it, and taking any trouble it may cause...

They are not very difficult bud, a bit fiddly, sure, but you could include most of the car in that box. If you ain't very spanna happy I'd let your local have a play, at 1 hour labour it's not going to break the bank is it?
Personally, the only greasy hands my motors see belong to me - dunno if that's a good thing or not but I ain't fully broke one yet, and I've done most jobs on em.
Anyway, good luck, be sure to keep us nosey lot informed on how you get on.
ATB
George

Hi George,
Been doing my own car work, (as much as I could) for years and years, but sadly, time, and old age are now creeping up on me, and with a back problem, and 'arthur itis' kicking in as well, most 'bigger' jobs are becoming a bit too much now. (gearboxes out in the roadside, etc) but was just wondering if there were any 'tips' or 'shortcuts' to be had, or 'pitfalls' to avoid.
(Think we've all been there where after we have struggled, picked up skinned knuckles, and used just about every expletive known (and a few invented besides), only to find that someone else found an easier way!!)
Really love tinkering, and finding out how it works, (disassembling's easy, reassembling it with nothing 'left over' is the real mark of a true engineer, we were told when we were apprentices)
Might have a go, and see just how much I can remember!!

Back