General Rear dash cam

Currently reading:
General Rear dash cam

dan123789

I recently got a Grande Punto as my first car and haven’t been very happy with it so far. I bought a dash cam and have fitted it fine however there’s a separate wire that can be connected to reverse and used as a reverse camera. I can’t locate the reverse wire though. Can anyone help?

Hi Dan,

I020 is the switch @ gearbox, F033 is the light itself …

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Attachments

• Reverse light.JPG
    Reverse light.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Reverse light 2.JPG
    Reverse light 2.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 45
Hi Bernie,

Thanks for them diagrams. Would I access the wire from the boot and wire the dash cam to it from there?

Would I access the wire from the boot and wire the dash cam to it from there?

Sounds like a nice approach ... you can use a derivation crimp connector so you wouldn't even cut the original wire.
Sorry can't load picture for the moment, it happened recently while the server ran out of space ...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Here's the picture I wanted to attach…

BRs, Bernie

Attachments

• deviation connector.jpg
    deviation connector.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 17
There shouldn't be any moisture IN the car where the loom sits; of course I wouldn't recommend either to use these anywhere outside the car.
Cut, strip, weld and shrink-tube insulate (add a drop of silicone on the bare wire before sliping the sleeve) if you have to make the connection in a wet area …

BRs, Bernie

Thanks Bernie, its now all wired up and working great.
Currently it just uses the cigarette lighter but is there a way you can wire it to the fuse box?

You're welcome,

the cigarette lighter (P050) is already fuse protected …

BRs, Bernie

Attachments

• Cigarette lighter.JPG
    Cigarette lighter.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 18
Ah ok, of course you can, simply connect it to the back of the lighter ...

BRs, Bernie

Both , and even bigger ones !! That depend in which fuse-box …

BRs, Bernie

Back