General Rear camera Fiorino

Currently reading:
General Rear camera Fiorino

Hello all,

i bought a stereo with touch screen etc that supports rear camera.
I paid for a rear camera also for my fiat fiorino. He asked me, if my car has something specific, or a universal camera will fit ( he suggested me this: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...aterproof-free-shipping/212616_713166500.html ). And i dont know what to tell him. Does a universal camera like this above fit, or i have to tell him something specific so to fit to my car?

My car has twin back doors.

Sorry if i repeated an old thread, but i didnt find any other with the same topic.

Thank you

Last edited:
would digital sounding distance sensors be cheaper? mine hits the redline sound at 6" to go...enough.

if a student or a dog suddenly walks behind after you get it in reverse and before you begin to move back, it works real time to alert you.

do you really need the video? why? sound is all you need in my opinion. and it is cheaper to install.

If i had windows on the back doors a simple sound parktronic would be perfect. But now, that i dont have window, i feel kind of insecure that i dont see anything. Its my first van also and that makes it double insecure.

My windows at the rear are just black acrylic plastic stuck on the door panel and therefore i cannot see out the rear also
I also like to see what is right behind me, motorbikes are a bugger to see as you can't always see them in your mirrors.
I've got a switch that allows me to use the camera al the time as well as reverse.
LUIGI

After installing the "kit" that the camera plays 24/7 from a on/off switch, i have one more question to all those who have rear camera. The real "depth" is not quite real. What i mean, if a car is in reality 5 meters behind me, in the camera appears far more behind. The only real depth is when it is very very close, then its ok. Is it from the monitor? or from the camera? is it a setting? or all of you face the same "issue"?

Glad you got the kit installed i built and sent you.
That is the nature of the camera so as to give you a wide field of view,almost like a fish eye lens and things will appear further away than they are, but you will get used to it after a while.
I can almost 100% reverse just using it.
LUIGI

Back