Technical Rear brake hose collapse - how to remove from bracket?

Currently reading:
Technical Rear brake hose collapse - how to remove from bracket?

turbo500

Hello again,
Today I was going to take her out for a test drive, I noticed the pedal had no resistance. Reservoir empty. So I took rear wheels off and I can see the rear right flexi hose has come apart and is leaking through the inner jacket.
I’ve managed to miraculously remove the copper line from the drum to the hose. But now I’m stumped as to how to remove the hose from the metal bracket?

Is there a metal clip or swim thing that needs to be unhooked or does the metal end piece slide through the hole?

Thanks

Yes a metal clip that is a press fit into a groove on the metal end of the flexi pipe. That was one seriously depleted brake pipe, perhaps time to get a new set. IMG_4462.jpeg

Yes a metal clip that is a press fit into a groove on the metal end of the flexi pipe. That was one seriously depleted brake pipe, perhaps time to get a new set.View attachment 426856
Ya I have a new set up front and the back has always been a bane because the bolts are rounded. I managed to remove the side closest to the wheel now I’m going to try and get to the ice closest to the cabin.

My only question is I purchased this set of lines and hoses years ago.

I think the hose may be wrong because I can’t screw the copper line into it all the way.

Attachments

• IMG_9451.jpeg
    IMG_9451.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9452.jpeg
    IMG_9452.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
Ya I have a new set up front and the back has always been a bane because the bolts are rounded. I managed to remove the side closest to the wheel now I’m going to try and get to the ice closest to the cabin.

My only question is I purchased this set of lines and hoses years ago.

I think the hose may be wrong because I can’t screw the copper line into it all the way.
There is every chance that you will NOT be able to screw the copper hose "all the way in".When it is in a far as it will go, you should be unable to be moved in and out of the union; that way you know that the 'male' and 'female' parts of the new pipe and the union are properly jointed and sealing.

There is every chance that you will NOT be able to screw the copper hose "all the way in".When it is in a far as it will go, you should be unable to be moved in and out of the union; that way you know that the 'male' and 'female' parts of the new pipe and the union are properly jointed and sealing.
Got it thanks! I looked at the current lines and it looks identical to the new ones in how far the thread is showing so I think we’re good.

out with the old and in with the new…on one side. Next side tomorrow 😅

Attachments

• IMG_9458.jpeg
    IMG_9458.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
Back