Technical Rear axle/trailing arm bushes

Currently reading:
Technical Rear axle/trailing arm bushes

Anybody every changed these before? Any tips? My little mk2 b Has a knocking from the nsr, last time I mot it I noticed play in the ns axle bush, I have since had both shocks off and they are fine which I had hoped as was changed about 10 months ago so I am going to change the axle bushes. Seems there is a removal and install tool on eBay and shop4parts have the bushes. Does anyone know if the outer casing of said Bush is plastic or metal? Doubt they will come out with the tool as previous bushes I have done rarely do so will probably be a case of cutting old one out and using the tool to press new ones in.

Sometimes they need a heatgun to come out! I have a similar knocking but I'm taking mine to the local mot place to confirm they need done first. You got a link to part and tool?

Change the complete axle? What an over repair. I managed to find the time to do these bushes today, took about an hour and was easy, bushes are plastic so not seized into place, tool made replacement very easy

Back