Technical Rear axle bushes

Currently reading:
Technical Rear axle bushes

Dominion

haven't got enough lette
Guys,

Just used the search function and not had a great deal of joy.

I was wondering if there is a test I can perform to see if my rear axle bushes are shot to sh!t.

I'm getting an almost constant, although irregular knocking coming from somewhere on the rear of the car, and the car isn't as sharp or stable as she was. Also getting some serious vibration through the steering wheel. Thought this could be a balancing issue but it is there at all speeds and I can't "drive through it". Of course these may be seperate problems (why have one problem to fix when you can have two :bang: )

I'm extra concerned about this as my Stilo is a very early one (51 plate) 1.6 3dr , and there is the confusion of "do I need whole new axle or just bushes?".

I really don't need extra expense right now as Mrs Nightsmith is due to give birth any day now (y) , and I predict cashflow problems (n)

I'd get your wheels balanced as a matter of course.

I wouldn't have thought rear axle bushes would be a problem on a 3 door but you can't beat giving everything a good tug and then eye-balling the suspension once the wheels are off :)

Cheers Argo. Will get that done asap.

Hope the knocking/tapping sound is just the heat shield on the exhaust or tank. Might get lucky for once.

Back