Technical Radio error code 1

Currently reading:
Technical Radio error code 1

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

ChrisIB

After replacing the battery I get Error 1 or SAFE then Error 1 on AD182H2
fitted to W Reg Brava.
I have the code card but no entry keys seem to operate.
The main dealer said leave it on as will reset in 2/4/8 hours but it just switches itself off after a bit!
Tried disconnecting the battery but same display.
Dealer said there was no reset option apart from leaving it on and suggested the unit may be faulty.
Anyone any ideas?

They wouldn't give you a code card if you couldn't type it in Im sure. I couldn't tell you how to type it in though. Davren is more likely to know.

Yep, the code worked before, having Googled a lot more it seems you need to leave the ignition on as well as the radio to reset. That apart it seems it may be an EEPROM failure. Guess I will end it trying to remove it and destroy half the dash!

Leaving the radio on did not reset it so took it out (requires the Fiat thin removers not the Blaupunkt ones, used two sets of feeler gauges).

After leaving it tried reconnecting but still get the Error 1 message.

Anyone know what is involved in doing the EPROM? (know someone with PIC programmers but does it need knowledge or just erasing).

I wouldnt have a clue. Would it not be easier to buy a cheap aftermarket unit? You will get better sound quality and features and none of this hassle.
Ive moved the thread to Bravo/a section as these guys are more likely to know what to do.

Last edited:
Tried leaving it for a while then reconnecting, Error 1 pops back up.
I guess the hassle I had with the last batterry probably caused this so will take previous advice and swap it out.
Many thanks for the suggestions

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back