Radiator holding up thingy... :)

Currently reading:
Radiator holding up thingy... :)

The Artificer

I've posted this here, as its a bit random. Well, not random, but as the part I'm looking for fits 3 different vehicles (marea, bravo, brava) I thought rather than spam the three sections, I would ask once.

So, what I am after is either the dimensions of, or a new (or not too rotten part, so I can make my own using it as a template)...and now the difficult bit.

The part under the radiator, but above the bumper on the front of a marea jtd. Damned if I know what its called. It would appear to be holding the radiator up.... Every one I have seen in the scrappy is even more rotted away than the one I have (almost) fitted, and not worth the effort of removing.... Currently the rad is sitting on the bumper!!! Its a daily driver, so if I can find, or make a part to fit without having to dismantle it all first, that would be brilliant.

Any and all help and advice appreciated! Mods, apologies if this is not in the right place...please feel free to move to a more suitable place.

Last edited:
Yes. A scrappy.

Okay, nearest is a 3 hr drive. They have 2 bravas in, one front end shunt, and the other is minus its front end, no engine, no bumper. No mareas at all. The scrappage scheme has depleted the scrap yards stock quite dramatically. In fact, even though they are the only scrap yard in a very large area, they are talking of closing.

So, buy a new one. Yes, thats very true. Nearest dealer from me is over 100 miles from here. And, the BIG problem I have is, I have no idea what its called, or a part number or anything. Do you? Ordering a part on the phone from a dealer, or an online breaker if you dont know what its called is interesting, to say the least.

So perhaps I should rephrase my question.... What's the part called, and does anybody have one? You'll maybe note, I did ask if anybody had a new one....

Me. Yesterday. said:
what I am after is either the dimensions of, or a new

I was trying to get the eper to work yesterday, and just kept getting timeouts. I'll keep on with that.

Where? Between Borgie and Torrisdale. Middle of nowhere....Just grand.

I have the eper working... Handy thing, isnt it?

Cant find what I am looking for yet though, its not in colling (thought it might be as the rad rests on it) and it doesnt seem to be in the parts for the bumper. I wonder what else it could come under?

Thanks for your support though, already.

Now I know what I am looking for, thanks for the help Fingers...

Part number 46739810 is what I am after (radiator crossmember)

Mackenzie Fiat in Inverness...very helpful. Can get me a new one in about a week. £26.90 plus vat.

Now, I doubt if I would have got all the info without this forum (and fingers99), so thankyou!

I do miss decent scrap yards. You'd think that there would be more up here...but oddly not. Mind, there are a lot of cars rotting away in sheds, and fields. I sometimes wonder if folk put them away to see if they will heal themselves with time. :D

Back