General Quote for 18,000 mile service

Currently reading:
General Quote for 18,000 mile service

Soong

On a TwinAir, at the same place I bought it... wait for it...

£326?! Tell me that isn't normal?

what is covered in the service schedule - will be in the owners handbook

(a.k.a. RFTM) ;)

this will also give the time (in hours) of the service

then it is quite easy to work out what it should cost

have you shopped around?

Hi Song.
There are plenty of threads of the FF on servicing.
Here's one to get you started....
https://www.fiatforum.com/500/252370-have-i-just-been-mugged-off-servicing.html

You'll need
Plugs,
Air filter,
Pollen filter
Oil & filter
Examiner update
& if your car is over 2 years old brake fluid change.
Reckon you'll need to factor in 2 hours labour plus parts.
Getting it done with fiat means that you'll get the coils changed on the TA if they're needed for 'free'.

hahahahhahaha what do they want from you?
i am curious as to what exactly they are changing after only 18,000 miles!

For the 36k service they want about 400 pounds from me i will do it indie style i am out of warranty.

Shop around, you can get fiat main dealer or service centres to do this for around £220

just be careful! cost isnt far from right BUT the oil in twin air is non negotiable! Its unique as far as oil goes and unlike 1.2 engine where you can use similar oils the 0.9 t-a u cant. Where u based?

just be careful! cost isnt far from right BUT the oil in twin air is non negotiable! Its unique as far as oil goes and unlike 1.2 engine where you can use similar oils the 0.9 t-a u cant. Where u based?

not true at all. All you need is a 5w40 Acea C3 rather oil. Castrol edge complies with this.

without having can to hand but i thought it was 5w30 acea c3. We had one it caused running issue when used identical grade.

the price quoted is correct but dealers can negotiate, my site would do that for £240 probably as you are a FF user. Like anything negotiate the best deal

I supplied the parts and Castrol oil for the 18k service which cost £101.00 at a dealer in Watford. They wanted another £350.00 to have the brake discs and pads replaced which I declined. I had it done by an independent using original parts (which I regret choosing as these wear and tear items are not covered by the warranty) for £250.00

As mentioned by the forum members in other posts, it is always best to ring around and negotiate the best price possible.

I supplied the parts and Castrol oil for the 18k service which cost £101.00 at a dealer in Watford. They wanted another £350.00 to have the brake discs and pads replaced which I declined. I had it done by an independent using original parts (which I regret choosing as these wear and tear items are not covered by the warranty) for £250.00

As mentioned by the forum members in other posts, it is always best to ring around and negotiate the best price possible.
Was the £101 including the parts?

Hi Song.
There are plenty of threads of the FF on servicing.
Here's one to get you started....
https://www.fiatforum.com/500/252370-have-i-just-been-mugged-off-servicing.html

You'll need
Plugs,
Air filter,
Pollen filter
Oil & filter
Examiner update
& if your car is over 2 years old brake fluid change.
Reckon you'll need to factor in 2 hours labour plus parts.
Getting it done with fiat means that you'll get the coils changed on the TA if they're needed for 'free'.

What is Examiner Update and could you remind me about the Coils, why do they need changing so soon ? Cheers

Still a rip. I paid £70 for the labour for my first service and an independent would have done it cheaper still.
The next service will be done by an independent as it will be three years old and out of warranty.

What is Examiner Update and could you remind me about the Coils, why do they need changing so soon ? Cheers

Hi Arorat. Sorry about the late response bud. It was mentioned by Bgunn that he had the coils replaced but it may have only been on a particular batch of TAs. The examiner update is just software updates which may or may not be necessary but IMHO should be done as a standard part of the service.

I'm guessing what I'm wanting to ask fits into this thread. I didn't want to start a new thread.

I'm slightly confussled. My car had it's 2nd service done back last October (I got the car last November) but annoyingly the mileage wasn't noted down in the book, although my car does show around 3500 miles left until the next service. It's nearly got 27,000 miles on the clock so I'm quite a bit away from the 36k service as I only average around 150 miles a week. I'm not sure about what service it needs? I know the service schedule is either every 18,000 miles or 2 years.

Shall I just take it for an oil, oil filter change along with a brake fluid change to keep it going until early next year for an early 36k service? Or...something else haha? As I've said, I'm confused so if I'm sounding a bit dumb, I apologise. Suggestions will be appreciated :)

Call the dealer who serviced it and ask them, and also get them to write it in the book for you (assuming they are local). Apart form your current situation, you don't want the mileage missing when you come to sell and risk scaring off a buyer.

Back