Quick Question

Currently reading:
Quick Question

I just called up LV and had a quote done with my dad as policy holder and me as main driver, they said it is legal and it was very cheap at £1500 but i dont get no claims discount over the year. Is it worth paying extra for the discount or wait until older to start earning no claims :) also if the policy is fully comp does that still mean me as a named driver can drive other cars third party F+T as sometimes i need to drive my dads car :)
any input would be much appreciated :)

I'm a bit confused with what you mean, your dad is the policy holder and your the main driver. I thought it was the same thing?

If its your car (IE you drive it 51% of the time), try putting your dad as a named driver, or mum/sister. Females tend to lower it more than males.

I personally think its worth getting NCB ASAP. Makes a huge difference in a couple of years.

Agree with building up your own NCB, might be more expensive now but will open up better deals in the long run.

As for DoC cover, if you're under 25 it's highly unlikely that you'll have it but only your insurers can answer that question.

also if the policy is fully comp does that still mean me as a named driver can drive other cars third party F+T as sometimes i need to drive my dads car :)
any input would be much appreciated :)

Nope. Only policy holder, and normally only if your over 25 ;)

If you need to drive your dad's car occassionally you need to be a named driver on his policy of his car.

For your car you need your own policy and need to be the policy holder, with your dad as named driver if you want him to have comprehensive cover on your car.

Back