Technical Questions / Issues Connect nav+ Stilo

Currently reading:
Technical Questions / Issues Connect nav+ Stilo

Re: A CD supplied with your stilo

I prefer to keep the satnav disk in 100% of the time, and use the CDC for music.

This is also the same setup I have on the Ulysse.

Paul, even if FIAT supply a setup disk, any updates tend to come from other sources - I did the last 9.8 update via a French Stilo site, and burnt the image to CD-R.

Paul Westhead said:
What does this setup CD do i.e what does it setup?
It allows you to change languages for starters - this has to be done after an update. Mine never came with one, but managed to get a copy after FIAT parts offered me one for about £150, lol.

Paul Westhead said:
Well thats a little pointless as i assume that the nav unit speaks english as do i :p
Ah, but after update, I think it reverts back to another language on the voice commands - therefore you need to reinstall English.

Paul Westhead said:
I see so you acquire a copy of the software from somewhere then change the language back ?
Yep! FIAT may do update as part of a routine service, but unless you have setup disk with car, then they are unable to do that.

When an update comes up, the source is usually noted on here - then we all go away and burn it, update the Nav+ sysyem at our own risk, lol, then use setup back to English.

Not sure when next software update due, but each one tends to iron out certain bugs.

My car came with the 9.8 software 12 months ago, so there must be something due soon.

BTW, if you register the Navtech you get 1 free update - I recently called them to ask why I had recieved no update - strangely they hadn't received the Registration document ;-) so they're sending me out the very latest version :)

Paul

Nav+ screech

OK my first proper post on here so Hi to all.

Just got hold of a '03 Stilo Abarth Selespeed and am very pleased with it however

My problem is this...

Whenever the Nav+ is in use and i approach a juction on a motorway the lovely lady in the dash (we have named her Stella :) ) says something along the lines of "at the juction ahead wrablle warble screeeeeech wabb" sounds like a corrupt speech file or something.

Does anyone know if these files are part of the system or the Map Cd ?

I have downloaded the 9.8 system CD but have not been brave enough to try it yet (and can't work out how to see what version i am currently running).

I have the 2002/2003 map Cd - i have been trying to get an upgrade but sod paying that much!

Apart form this the car is great fun and is getting a thorough thrashing at every opportunity (y)

Cheers

Dave

Re: Nav+ screech

9.8 fixes this problem, to see what software you are using switch the unit on and when you get the fiat page at start up look in the right bottom corner and the software number is displayed.

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the FF - another Stilo - great. Seems as that you have the same motor as me-what extra toys do u have?

Whe u switch on the SatNav - look in the bottom right corner of the blue Fiat logo screen - the version will show. I have 9.7 but intend to upgrade to 9.8 as soon as the Dealers have replaced the Cd- changer (want to ensure that it's not the SatNav playing up). Speech is not always clear but I don't have your particular problem - I would imagine that the speech control files are part of the actual system - one of our resident Techies will no doubt respond
shortly. If not - SHOUT!

I have the 2004/5 Map and can forward u a copy - PM your address. 2005/6 is out but who wants to pay?

Thorough thrashing :eek: Not made to go slow are they :D

Hi and WELCOME to the mad house ! :p

The problem is with the Connect plus system software not your map disc. If you upgrade to 9.8 it wil be fine. When you first turn on the connect unit it displays which version is installed in the lower corner of the screen. Get some photos up soon matey.......

Last edited:

Wow - quick response (y)

cheers everyone - will try to upgrade tonight and see if it fixes it.

Currently car is pretty much standard spec without a sunroof and blue fabric seats (wife hates leather)

Only VERY minor changes are headlight protectors and door wind deflectors (fitted by previous owner) and the recent addition of a pair of plain black (stealth?) shoulder pads because the wife complained about the belt cutting in

Automatic mode seems to be pretty useless but seem to driving manually most of the time anyway :D

rough timing at the weekend (stop watch only and using speedo reading) saw 0-60 in a fraction under 8 secs :D

Cheers
Dave

Maybe a new avatar ?...........

Attachments

• heres_johnny.jpg
    heres_johnny.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 203

I dunno about screech, but everytime I turn my Sat Nav + on, the map disk makes very annoying clicking noises. I wouldn't mind so much, but it's inconsistent! Somtimes it doesnt, sometimes it does but very short, and other times it goes on for what seems to be ages.

Anyone else get this?

Back