General Question

Currently reading:
General Question

Tony deakin

Hi I have recently purchased a fiat doblo 1.9 jtd van and the wheels have been changed the problem is I never checked for locking wheel nut now I've found out there isn't one, there's no room to force a socket over the wheel nut and the splines inside it have been rounded off. I need to get wheel off as the top strut mount needs replacing,does anyone have any ideas how I can get the nut of so can get repair done please

Hi I have recently purchased a fiat doblo 1.9 jtd van and the wheels have been changed the problem is I never checked for locking wheel nut now I've found out there isn't one, there's no room to force a socket over the wheel nut and the splines inside it have been rounded off. I need to get wheel off as the top strut mount needs replacing,does anyone have any ideas how I can get the nut of so can get repair done please
It seems like both your questions relate to getting the wheel off, so I would concentrate on that first as it will have to come at some point in the future anyway.
Is it alloy or steel and do you have a spare?
Often tyre fitters have a tool for removing locking wheel nuts so that may be worth a try.
Failing that I would put lots of oil around it and with the car safely jacked up and the other three nuts off, bang the back of the rim a bit to loosen the grip of the remaining nut a little and the try and tap it around with a good chisel. Easier with a steel rim as more room, hopefully you have a suitable spare wheel in case of damage.
Try the tyre fitters first as they will have done it before and may have a suitable tool.:)

Back