General Doblo multi jet question

Currently reading:
General Doblo multi jet question

Bigbang

Hi I recently bought a 65 plate multi jet and when I start it up the engine ticks over for 30 seconds or a minute you can press the Excelerator and nothing happens until the engine revs its self and every things works perfect all day until the next morning? The man I bought it from said it’s normal it’s to let the oil spread around the engine so not to Cause harm to the engine,
Is this true as no one else has ever heard of it.
Thank you

Hi, There is some truth it what you've been told. This is one of the reason why. When first starting the doblo, the timing chain ( on my one anyway 2006) its tension is enabled by a tensioner which is controlled by oil presssure from the engine. Once the oil pressure increases, the tensioner will keep the chain taught under oil pressure. Lets assume the engine doesn't get regular oil changes, the oil will be thinner possibly contaminated, resulting in the tensioner will not operate as soon as it should and hence the delay. I change my oil every 5,000kms, even though I don't put up big mileage its just a habit I've gotten into. Regular oil changes keep internals cleaner and functioning better including the tensioner.................and no timing chain breaks!!!

Back