Technical Qubo proxy alignment.

Currently reading:
Technical Qubo proxy alignment.

oxfordbee

Hi all,

I've got a qubo with a blinking mileage and this seems to imply a proxy alignment is needed. MultiECUScan will do a proxy alignment but I've screenshot which implies the "Indicators Command" and "Alarm Country Code" will be restored to the factory default values after this procedure. Then there is mention that to reset these you'd need to connect to the Body Computer and know your vehicles 5 digit security code to do this. Do I have to get this through Fiat, would they give me this if I asked?

I've ordered a spare key for the car and have ordered one through a locksmith. Would the code the locksmith would use be the same as the security code and do I have to worry if I use MuliEUScan to do a proxy realignment on a 2009 UK Qubo??

Apologies if this a daft question, just thought I' ask before potentially digging a hole!

Any comment & suggestions appreciated. I think the Blue&Me unit might not be working either due previously to a low battery voltage or being electronically dead.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi all,

I've got a qubo with a blinking mileage and this seems to imply a proxy alignment is needed. MultiECUScan will do a proxy alignment but I've screenshot which implies the "Indicators Command" and "Alarm Country Code" will be restored to the factory default values after this procedure. Then there is mention that to reset these you'd need to connect to the Body Computer and know your vehicles 5 digit security code to do this. Do I have to get this through Fiat, would they give me this if I asked?

I've ordered a spare key for the car and have ordered one through a locksmith. Would the code the locksmith would use be the same as the security code and do I have to worry if I use MuliEUScan to do a proxy realignment on a 2009 UK Qubo??

Apologies if this a daft question, just thought I' ask before potentially digging a hole!

Any comment & suggestions appreciated. I think the Blue&Me unit might not be working either due previously to a low battery voltage or being electronically dead.

Cheers,

Steve

The Qubo I just p/xd had the dreaded flashing od. The car eq of the home computer BSOD!

On the test drive for selling it the dealer asked me to pay £200 (or reduce my p/x by £200) and they chipped in their side with about £150. It's usually (but don't quote me) the 'Communication Node' that shows the error which inevitably means the B&Me box so the £350 is the cost of a replacement unit. Could get one from a scrapper but there's no telling that that would work unless it's verified as working when removed.

Seems a poor do when the initiative for CANBUS is a Fiat (or mfr) thing yet when it goes wrong, we the end user have to foot the bill for their bright idea not working as it should.

One way to have a go to correct the thing (as I was told at a dealership) is to take the battery leads off and put them together to drop all voltages in the car - leave off for a few minutes then reconnect and sometimes it can reboot the car and reset errors. It's not a cure all. The guy also suggested disconnecting the B&Me box for 30 minuites or so to let the current drop off inside then reconect but neither thing worked for me. (Power connector on the top, I think it's blue, unlatches to free it..) I had to pay £45 for having the tech guys try to do a proxy realignment but it wouldn't do it, no doubt due to the failure of the comms component.

Sorry but that's the cost of car ownership (n)

Welcome to the FF by the way (y)

R-V-M

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply and welcome.. Sorry to hear about your woes, I'm probably going to have a similar situation.

Dealer quoted me £117 for a proxy realignment. Can get software for £97 and do a DIY job but just want to check I'm not going to end up walking if I so do!

Have left the battery disconnected for a couple hours but no joy. I've got a chap who ran a garage who has offered to do a proxy realingment for about £30 so I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi varesecrazy,

A snap on diagnosis gave the error code: U1733 with the text Convergence Node no communication.

There were low battery errors logged along with others. The snap on unit gave the ability to clear codes but I don' think the chap using it was able to initiate a proxy reset.

As there were low voltage errors I am wondering if that might have caused the the problem rather than a fried unit.

I'm wondering if formatting a 1GB USB stick to FAT32 and putting a couple of MP3's on it and plugging it into the USB port next to the handbrake might yield a bit of useful diagnostic info depending on what may/or may not happen.

I work in the Cowley area and Didcot is on the way home so if your kind offer of help is still open (or you've any thoughts) please let me know.

Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to reply,

Cheers,

Steve.

Well, there were no signs of life from the USB stick when I plugged it in. The LED didn't flash or glow at all so I'm assuming there is no power to the USB port.

Well, there were no signs of life from the USB stick when I plugged it in. The LED didn't flash or glow at all so I'm assuming there is no power to the USB port.

Have a good look through the B+M part of the ICE section

The basics of what youve said seem pretty familiar.

And yes feel free to get in touch Regarding MES.

Charlie

Hi varesecrazy,

A snap on diagnosis gave the error code: U1733 with the text Convergence Node no communication.

Cheers,

Steve.

I wasn't given a code at the dealership but the "Convergence Node no communication" is familiar. I had a dead USB socket too, no bluetooth for the phone although after some length of time (weeks) the phone was recognised but no possible way to use it via B&Me

R-V-M

Got a copy of multieuscan and did a proxy alignment. The offending unit had been flagged as removed. Proxy flagged engine as gasoline I changed it to diesel.

All sorted and engine starts.

Last edited:
Back