Technical Qubo Body Control Module

Currently reading:
Technical Qubo Body Control Module

Deggsy

I've got the car in for a replacement clutch, and he's just come back to me to say that though it starts up, the car key's not recognised. Further inspection and he says the Body Control Module doesn't seem to be sending the correct signal. He's sending away the Module for inspection, for either repair or replacement. Anyone have any idea how much a replacement might run me? :(

Was it a recognised fiat garage that is doing the job? Or at least a garage that knows what it was doing with fiat software? It may just need a proxy alignment of the canbus system?

If it starts up, the key must be recognised as the built in immobiliser won't allow it to be started otherwise! ( can't just get a blank key cut and expect it to start....it wont !!)

As for replacement costs.......sharp intake of breath......lots of tooth sucking type noises......suspect expensive. And imo not needed.

Ken

Last edited:
It's not a registered Fiat garage - the one in our area isn't taking any work until mid-May and the mechanic (GB Services in Shaw, Oldham) admitted he wasn't experienced with Fiat Qubos (I didn't take much notice of that really, as I've known the model isn't exactly the most popular). But I want to trust this guy. He says he's 80-90% certain there's something wrong with the module. I don't exactly have a lot of time or opportunity to explore all the options available.

Right now I just feel like torching the f**king thing and be done with all cars, I am sick of the hassle and stress I'm feeling right now.

It's not a registered Fiat garage - the one in our area isn't taking any work until mid-May and the mechanic (GB Services in Shaw, Oldham) admitted he wasn't experienced with Fiat Qubos (I didn't take much notice of that really, as I've known the model isn't exactly the most popular). But I want to trust this guy. He says he's 80-90% certain there's something wrong with the module. I don't exactly have a lot of time or opportunity to explore all the options available.

Right now I just feel like torching the f**king thing and be done with all cars, I am sick of the hassle and stress I'm feeling right now.

Hi Deggsy,

I can see where you are coming from and I honestly hope I am wrong, however you drove or had the car taken to this guy and I presume the engine was running.

The fact that the car starts on the key is the giveaway in that it must still be coded to the immobiliser in order to start.

The other problem is that if he has sent the module away, he will HAVE TO do a proxy alignment to teach it what it has been fitted to / refitted to once he gets it back in the car.

If he does not have the kits to do the alignment or doesn't understand the need for the alignment, then you are stuffed.

Sorry.

Ken

Back