General punty 55s first car help?

Currently reading:
General punty 55s first car help?

greenpunty

hi everyone im new to the ff and am looking for some help for a start my car is a n -reg fiat punto 55s 5dr in green, im only sixteen and have another year yet till i can drive and there is a couple of little jobs that are needed to be done a) the alternater needs changing (have bought a mk2 punto alternator off the same model b) the front bumber is completely smashed (car was my brothers and he hit a bird at 70mph) and i would really benefit from any ideas on how to improve the performance e.g. better wheels and tyres or induction kits etc and also its a dark mettallic green and i dont no what the colour code is or where to find it so any help or advice would be great soo thanks a lot everyone and i may well see you at some future shows

Colour code should be on a silver sticker above your head when you open boot lid, bumpers are cheap as a brand new one is about 45 quid so scrap ones if you can find them should be even less. With a 55s you have your work cut out getting it faster however a lot of the things the people with cinqucento sportings also apply to this car as the engine is shared so I would recommend browsing that forum, especially looking for a mckritch (sp?) chip also check out GSR induction kits. Tbh it's still going to be slow with both on and getting insurance when you do drive will be made harder by any mods. I would keep your wheels and tyres smallish and light as it doesn't have the power to really move anything large diameter or heavy

Hi and welcome. Imo your insurance is going to be high enough as it is (i've got teenagers) so get a bit of driving experience before doing any major performance mods. :)

awww a little old 55s :), good to see theres some on the road,

i had a 75sx for my first car and first fiat... it wasnt great but tbf its the quickest, the highest spec and most modded car i owned hehe...
cant beat a good old punto :p

welcome to FF :slayer:

Back