Technical punto sports clocks

Currently reading:
Technical punto sports clocks

Natalie02Punto

hi, been thinking to put the sports dials in my 1.2 8v punto.

i have a question people say its easy to fit the sports clock in, they have a rev counter and temp gauge in. but mine hasnt, dont i need to buy cables for that and a cable or summit for the temp gauge as they wont be there in the car

Last edited:
ring your local Auto-Electrician Up

As you will need to have the Clock Proxy Aligned to the car

Also the clocks you put in also need to be a lower millage to what you currently have

Ie you have 87,000, you'll need something with Less then 86,999

Ziggy

i have 45,000 miles on my punto, why cant i get the dials with summit like 60k on?

and how do connect the temp gauge and rev counter up as i wud suspected that i wud need cables or sum sort to get them working??

i have 45,000 miles on my punto, why cant i get the dials with summit like 60k on?

and how do connect the temp gauge and rev counter up as i wud suspected that i wud need cables or sum sort to get them working??

What version punto do you have?
mk1 mk2 or mk2b?

As for the mk2 / mk2b You need a lower one as the clocks Cant have the milage reduced, Only increased
If you put a clock set that has 80k on for example the cars value will disappear, as its done "35k" extra

As for the mk2/b its just a simple bolts off - dash out - unplug - new dash plug in - bolt in - done
Ziggy

There is a guide on how to change the dials on a 1.2 MK 2 punto. I did it for my old 8v fairly easy just need to take it to a fiat dealer to allign the clocks. I never however when it came to MOT time i just switched the clocks back over and all sorted. I am also selling sporting dials PM me if your intrested.

The electronics assume a new instrument pack is being fitted so it always goes up from zero. You could keep the old dials to swap back for MOTs/resale, but that wont help with MOTs that expect the mileage to go up each year.

i no its a mk2 but whats the differences between the mk2 and mk2b?.

how much are you selling the dials for and what milage has it got.

so no 1 no's how to get the temp gauge working or rev gauge working

the temp gauge and rev counter will work, u dont need to change or add any wires, there all already in the connection at the back. jus plug out old 1, plug in new 1...

I done this to mine, revs and temp gauge worked fine, but mileage was 222,000 when car had only done 45,000, so ended up switchin them back to the basic speedo & fuel as I couldnt get anybody to align them or rreset the mileage counter.

also, mk2b clocks use a different way to communicate with the body computer (think the connection is different too, so they cant work)

u jus need a set from a 1.2 sporting or a set of HGT dials..

Last edited:
Back