punto mk1 front speakers, sub and amp

Currently reading:
punto mk1 front speakers, sub and amp

dandring

i know there is a quite a few posts already up asking but i could do with some help, i dont want to spend rediculous amounts on them but i need front speakers, a sub an amp. Can you tell me how much u would expect to pay for a decent set.

Many thanks

How long's a piece of string? Depends on your budget - an £1100 Genesis Monoblock is a decent amp ;)

What sort of music do you listen to?

How much bootspace can you sacrifice?

How good are you at using fibreglass?

Do you have a 3 or 5 door Punto?

I will be able to sacrifice half of my boot space, i listen to all sorts as i have endless amounts of people in me car and i jst listen to what they want, keeps them happy.

I have a 5 door and i only have the in dash speakers.

Budget is around £400 roughly, cud go a bit over

cheers

Many thanks

dandring said:
another stupid question, where does the power leads connect?

many thanks
well the red (positive) goes to + battery terminal, and black earth wire goes to the earthing point, theres one in the boot in the punto, on left hand side of boot, pull carpet back a bit and your see it, just a bolt with wires already attached to it.

then the remote goes to the remote/electric ariel lead on the stereo.

and them ripspeed things are actually meant to be quite good, there apparently pioneer or something units iirc, but quickly facelifted by ripspeed and ripspeed stickers putting on and sold at discount price.

yeh, i have a mk1 punto 60SX, the speakers in the dash, what sixe are they? cos am gonna get sum decent speakers in, also, sa,e for the back if anyone wudent mind?
Thanks
k0nR@D!

conrad04 said:
yeh, i have a mk1 punto 60SX, the speakers in the dash, what sixe are they? cos am gonna get sum decent speakers in, also, sa,e for the back if anyone wudent mind?
Thanks
k0nR@D!

if you look at the top of this section there is a listing of speaker sizes, have a browse and im sure yours will be listed :)

Back