General Punto mk1 CD Changer - standard radio

Currently reading:
General Punto mk1 CD Changer - standard radio

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
The Punto radio/cass in our 1999 mk1 Punto has a CD Changer option, has anyone had one fitted to their exsisting Fiat Radio. The radio is the one with the digital volume and radio display e.g." Radio 1".

Does it require a specific CD Changer? Also will it effect the steering wheel controls?

OK, as your Punto appears to be the 60SX as is mine I'm guessing that either they changed A LOT over the course of 1999 or you have the same radio unit as the one that I have recently skipped which if memory serves is a phillips unit... Are you certain that this unit has the option built in? as well as the ISO headers and the antenna input are there any further headers or sockets on the back of the unit?

The radio does have several connections on the back and on the front of the radio underneath the cassette enterence it says CD Changer controls, this is the standard radio.

The book with the instructions doesnt say a model although it has the following features:
detachable panel (for security)

The contents of the manual are; securtity, security code, audio, radio, RDS, cassette player and cd changer.

The radio also has a CD/LDN button, it says you press this and then the cd number of changer, what changer do i use?

have you checked the label on the top for the model? I've researched a little and there were two standard Radio/Cassette units used apparently... one grundig and one philips (essentially the same company in all but name, but there are still two different models)

my SX doesn't have the wheel controls, and the stereo was not fitted with the appropriate connections to handle them... so there must have been two digital ones... how strange... to be able to find a changer unit that would be compatible we would first need to establish the exact model and original manufacturer (Philips ETC) of the stereo you have... I'm now fairly sure we have differing units... or yours is the same basic unit with some of its PCBs features enabled and connected... The top label carries this information... and then there should be no problems finding the relevant unit to accompany it...

T registered... but its a fairly late T reg too... I dunno... but anyway... if you can get the model number of your stereo it shouldn't be too difficult to ebay a changer for it... that or you can get a fairly common set for pretty much the same price...

The car is at my relatives at the moment as waiting till 01 June for road tax, ill look and update the post.

So you have a pretty late punto too then! - Nice - any pictures?

I just would like a changer as want to be able to still use controls on the wheel and then dont need to buy trim fitting to go around the radio,

There are surely other ways of getting your controls to work with other stereos (like maybe a nice MP3 CD unit? (no need for a changer then... and provided you own the CDs it's perfectly legal to have a backup for personal use) (y) )... I dunno... a while ago I went to look at an N registered Punto 75SX which did have the wheel controls... I was shown the controls working with a non standard head unit though I can't for the life of me remember what it was (slept since then apparently...)

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back