Punto Key fob reprograming

Currently reading:
Punto Key fob reprograming

LukePuntoMK2-8V

Hi my remote central locking and alarm does not work. I have taken my car to the garage i bought it from and they said the alarm worked but needed the key fob to be reprogrammed and had to go to a fiat dealer.

Is this going to cost me much ?

Would it be cheaper to get a new alarm.

OK, same as mine! (y) I've had mine from new and (touch wood) never had a problem with the central locking or the alarm apart from the battery going in the key itself so first of all check the remote function on the key is actually working by seeing if the red LED light flashes when you press the button. If the light is'nt flashing it my be the case the battery needs changing. At the top edge of the key there is a small slot which you should be able to prize open with a thin coin or small screw driver. Inside you will see the battery which is a CR2032 (like a watch battery) which you can buy from somewhere like Jessops or even larger Tesco stores. You also may wish to check the appropaite fuse which is F38 which is located in the dashboard fuse box. To be honest, I cannot think of a reason the remote function on the key would need re-programming to operate the central locking and alarm unless the car has had electrical issues in the past.

Yeah checked and changed battery and just rung ap a fiat garage he said its common in HGTs something to do with water.
Will have a look at the fuse now.

Fuse is ok.
Think i will just get a new alarm its 40quid probably alot cheaper than a replacement from fiat.

Can you reprograme them the way Ford ones could

ie Turn key between 0 and 1 rapidly till the dash alarm light stayed on constant then take the keys out and press the door open button

remote fob can only be programmed AFTER all keys have been 'presented' to examiner via the body computer. Any decent Fiat garage would do this for half hour labour (£20-30) but be aware there could be a remote fob / body computer fault.

I have much the same problem but with one major difference. I had the alarm disconnected a year or so back as it was faulty, however the immobiliser is still operational.

I have now managed to lose my last spare key and am currently living dangerously with the burgundy (master key). Is it possible to reprogram new keys with the alarm disconnected?

Mark

Back