Technical punto jtd no power

Currently reading:
Technical punto jtd no power

66corsair

my punto jtd is 2001 y elx 2 door model . its the power or the lack of it . put your foot to the floor . and it will not go passed 3500revs .flat is the word i will use . last week i was on the m6 . in 4 th gear the cars power just come on . it was great got it to 80 + then change up into 5 th it was back to its old self . back into 4 th . no power back to its old self go slow every where . can some one put some light on it :confused:

I have been having a similar problem which im in the process of sorting.

definitely a maf problem as ive just fitted an induction kit to improve airflow now my car is slow to 3000rpm then turns into a ferrari eater(nearly) so my final fix to sort it will be a new maf.

best of luck:)

definitely a maf problem as ive just fitted an induction kit to improve airflow now my car is slow to 3000rpm then turns into a ferrari eater(nearly) so my final fix to sort it will be a new maf.

whats it do with it unplugged? i ran mine without my air flow for ever.

it could be oil on the maf sensor try cleaning it with isopropal alchahol (tape head cleaner)

Back