Punto jtd gt1544

Currently reading:
Punto jtd gt1544

dubsential

Punto jtd 80 mk2

Hey I've fitted a gt1544 from a marea 105 instead of the ihi vl20 as its a slight bolt on upgrade and cheap, both wastegate, car is mapped to 130 with gsr induction..

Since had stainless system, egr delete, decat, oil breather to atmosphere, carbon airbox coupled to gsr and intake in bumper..

I've ran a tuning box on top of map for 1000s miles so have the fuel to up the boost which I'm going to use a digibooster from tuning diesels..

Is it worth putting a restricted oil banjo bolt on to help with smoke as its implied they do as I plan to push the small turbo ?

As it was it doesn't smoke even with tuning box on high..
But I want to push what I can out of it.

Help appreciated even if it is your gonna blow it up lol.

Punto jtd 80 mk2

Hey I've fitted a gt1544 from a marea 105 instead of the ihi vl20 as its a slight bolt on upgrade and cheap, both wastegate, car is mapped to 130 with gsr induction..

Since had stainless system, egr delete, decat, oil breather to atmosphere, carbon airbox coupled to gsr and intake in bumper..

I've ran a tuning box on top of map for 1000s miles so have the fuel to up the boost which I'm going to use a digibooster from tuning diesels..

Is it worth putting a restricted oil banjo bolt on to help with smoke as its implied they do as I plan to push the small turbo ?

As it was it doesn't smoke even with tuning box on high..
But I want to push what I can out of it.

Help appreciated even if it is your gonna blow it up lol.
On old style distributor type injection pumps sometimes there were calibrated banjo diesel feed bolts. This does not apply to ecu controlled diesel injection.

I don't know what the point would be in restricting the oil flow to turbo would be unless you want to destroy the turbo.

On old style distributor type injection pumps sometimes there were calibrated banjo diesel feed bolts. This does not apply to ecu controlled diesel injection.

I don't know what the point would be in restricting the oil flow to turbo would be unless you want to destroy the turbo.

The question arose from me looking for a bolt to replace the one I snapped.

Thus finding restricted bolts with a smaller bore apparently to stop smoke, granted not on this car, an Alfa jtd..

Stating the restricted bolt prevents oil overflow, granted the only reason I'm asking is I snapped the other and came across this..

I realise on the surface more oil flow should equal cooler turbo maybe its just an eBay thing

Thus finding restricted bolts with a smaller bore apparently to stop smoke, granted not on this car, an Alfa jtd..

Stating the restricted bolt prevents oil overflow, granted the only reason I'm asking is I snapped the other and came across this..

I realise on the surface more oil flow should equal cooler turbo maybe its just an eBay thing

Not planning to do anything with the pump as you say its electronically controlled.

Do not restrict oil supply to turbo.

Back