Off Topic Punto Insurance

Currently reading:
Off Topic Punto Insurance

About to renew my Punto insurance and i'm a bit miffed, I have a years no claims on the Punto with the insurance company I intend to use for this years insurance but I also have a years NCB from another policy on another car and as they were running at the same time they say it's still classed as only one year so can only declare one year instead of two.
I could of sworn that when I asked before they said I could 'bring it over' and that they would give me a further discount, I'm only paying £387 fully comp with 1 NCB so not really bothered but a saving is a saving especially in this day and age.
Does this seem unfair to anyone else or am I just seeing my ar*e over nothing?

A bit unfair but absolutely normal. What's the betting if you crashed one car the NCD would collapse on both.

I used to run a bike then switched to a car. 5 years no claims on the bike but not transferable. Very unfair considering that bikes are alleged to be high risk. But apparently quite normal.
"Oh but Sir your bike NCD runs in parallel with the car".
G, thanks

One thing for sure - insurance is a rip-off.

With 2 NCB I only save another £40 but thats not the point, I earned it so think I should be allowed to use it, I only have the one car now which is why I wanted to combine them.

About to renew my Punto insurance and i'm a bit miffed, I have a years no claims on the Punto with the insurance company I intend to use for this years insurance but I also have a years NCB from another policy on another car and as they were running at the same time they say it's still classed as only one year so can only declare one year instead of two.
I could of sworn that when I asked before they said I could 'bring it over' and that they would give me a further discount, I'm only paying £387 fully comp with 1 NCB so not really bothered but a saving is a saving especially in this day and age.
Does this seem unfair to anyone else or am I just seeing my ar*e over nothing?

Nothing is fair when it comes to insurance.:bang:

my first years insurance on my punto was just shy of €3000 :mad:
would love to have the premiums yous have over there :(

my first years insurance on my punto was just shy of €3000 :mad:
would love to have the premiums yous have over there :(

I only passed in Sept 2009 but I'm 30 which is why its cheap, although not connected I do also have 9 years on a UK bike licence so I argued that I had plenty of road experience.

My first years insurance was £652.40 fully comp, with 1 years its come down nearly £200 so cant moan, I know where your coming from though as I rang the company my VTS was with and they wanted nearly £900 for a 1.2 TPFT so I laughed and told em to stick it.

Back