punto ice..

Currently reading:
punto ice..

puntoGT01642

iv got a 1998 Rpunto..sony head unit with 2 pre outs...just bought a alpine MRP-T130 90x2 2 channel amp..i wana run sum front door components ( when i get my hands on sum GT door pods..any advice on them?) and in the rear i want a 10inch sub...should i run the door compents from the head unit? and use the amp 4 the sub? the standad speakers are getting binned..

Lets Get Low And Lets Get Fast...

Heres your best bet,

Run your components from the amp. 90w (if its RMS) is good enough for your comps. If you cant find any GT pods look out for a company called AudioScape, they make some.

What 10" sub are you looking at? If you gave me a budget I could reccomend an Amp/Sub combo.

Jamie

Fiat Bravo 2001.
Nakamichi CD40z/Stock HU
Directed 1500 Dual Input EQ
Stinger Dream Series Interconnects.
Rockford Fos Punch 100z2 Per Door.
Rockford Fosgate 5.25 Comps.
4 Directed Dei1100d's Cerwin Vega Stroker 18D2.
Predicted SPL - 160+Db

i was looking at a..cerwin-vega hed-12svc subwoofer..for £119..tried and tested in revs march 2002..similar budget 4 other opions u mite have..

My reccomendations..... Dont forget you'll need another amp to power the sub if you use the current amp for the components.

MB Quart RWC 304 12 inch (30cm) 'Reference' Series Subwoofer, power handling 300W.

This is an excellent sub, and can be had for £130.

or

Rockford Fosgate RFP3412 - I can give you information on a Car Audio company I know, who supply both. (this sub is £110 and a bargain at that)

As for an amp, another amp similar to yours will give you reasonable power and matched performance to the fronts.

Jamie

Fiat Bravo 2001.
Nakamichi CD40z/Stock HU
Predicted SPL - 160+Db

ermm..does that include the mdf boxes? does the company deliver cause i live in middlesbrough..do u know were i cud get hold of sum GTpunto door pods?

Those prices dont include an MDF box, you can either buy them seperately, or build your own. It really isnt as hard as it sounds.

And those prices are the best you will find, when you take into account the company has the best customer service record I've used.

BEFORE ANYONE GETS ALL STROPPY, I DONT WORK FOR ANY OF THE COMPANIES I RECCOMEND.... USUALLY IF I RECOMEND A COMPANY ITS BECAUSE I'VE BOUGHT FROM THEM.

www.caraudiodirect.com - delivery is included in the price, and the price is still cheaper than everywhere else.

And as for the door pods, either find a Fiat Breaker, or post in the wanted section on here.

Jamie

Fiat Bravo 2001.
Nakamichi CD40z/Stock HU
Predicted SPL - 160+Db

cheers bud..what wattage sub should i be looking at if i decide to run the sub off my amp..and then run the 2 front components off my head unit?

Either of the subs I mentioned further up the post will do the job just fine with that amp.

Jamie

Fiat Bravo 2001.
Nakamichi CD40z/Stock HU
Predicted SPL - 160+Db

how about a sony xplod 10inch (600w), infinity 10" (250w rms), kenwood 10" (500w) alpine 10" (500w), any of them any good?

I'd rate the Infinity over the rest, the subs that I mentioned are also available in 10" size for slightly less.

jamie

Fiat Bravo 2001.
Nakamichi CD40z/Stock HU
Predicted SPL - 160+Db

iv just been offered a kenwood 10" blue pearl mica coned sub for £35, good condition..what are they like? reply a.s.a.p, cheers mate.

Find out what the model number is, should be something like KFC3003 .... its the bit after this I need to know, as they made variations of that sub for sealed, ported, and free air use. get the wrong one and it'll sound terrible.

Jamie

Fiat Bravo 2001.
Nakamichi CD40z/Stock HU
Predicted SPL - 160+Db

Subwoofer Specifications

Size: 10 inch
Rec. Sealed Box Dims: 1.00 cu.ft.
Rec. Ported Box Dims: 1.00 cu.ft.
Free Air Usage: not recommended
Sensitivity: 91 dB
Frequency Response: 28-800 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 160W
Peak Power Handling: 500W
Impedance: 4 ohms

Shipping Weight: 10 lbs

Yup looks fine to me - they are well respected subs.

Jamie

Fiat Bravo 2001.
Nakamichi CD40z/Stock HU
Predicted SPL - 160+Db

Back