IMG_1891.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Punto HGT mk2b 1.8 16V.

Introduction

Helow,

So here is my ride, so far i'we managed to upload only photos of stock one, this is how it looked at the begining:

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

I had before Punto mk2a 1.2 8V and this was quite a change, i have hgt now for more than one year and i am very satisfied.
Its fast, it corners great for a stock car and its good looking too.

I like it!

M
Re: Punto HGT mk2b 1.8 16V

That rear spoiler looked rubbish. So glad you got rid of it ;D
IMG_1888.jpg

Nice car BTW.

Last edited:

The light are going to be hard..

The bagdes, u take them of the car, pull the middle "glass" part off - its just attached with doublesided tape, then u take away the blu color and spray it with color u want and that's it :)

Does this work with mk2 badges aswel how do you take the clear plastic off? how do you get the blue bit out and do you just spray the blue bit and put it all back together?

Cheers

BTW punto's looking good mate i like

Does this work with mk2 badges aswel how do you take the clear plastic off? how do you get the blue bit out and do you just spray the blue bit and put it all back together?

Cheers

BTW punto's looking good mate i like

It should work with all the badges, usualy u have a small hole behidn the badge and u push the plastic part thru that hole and it goes off.
The blu part u use sand paper (i hope its called like that) and u sand it off but be careful that u sand off only blue and not silver letters! Than u spray it :)

Tnx for the car, your car is great too ;)

And look what we have here:

16012010006.jpg

Cant wait to put it together ;)

By all accounts it will work, but be VERY careful. Can you cut the backing plastic instead of the plastic? If you must cut the glass, tape it up as you cut so the partly cut lens cant move and shatter. Replace the head light motors while on the case. They seem to fail easily.

By all accounts it will work, but be VERY careful. Can you cut the backing plastic instead of the plastic? If you must cut the glass, tape it up as you cut so the partly cut lens cant move and shatter. Replace the head light motors while on the case. They seem to fail easily.

This weekend i have managed to do one lamp - a test one, and i ve glued it already together... and i think it will work :)
Just dont actually know what glue to use, i've used a 2 component glue and then over a heat resistant silicone. Will see :)
I must check for some other heat resistant glue.

very very nice car mate, and as for the badges!! what a fantatic idea, something so small and subtle can make such a big impact. keep up the good work. (y)

The lamps don't get that hot so no need to worry about heat resistant adhesive. Just use the right product for the plastics to be glued.

My MKII HGT is an Abarth - black with very blacked out rear windows. The only trim fuaxpas is the twin (Peco) exhausts that are just too big. A previous owner (nark) has cut the bottom of the rear bumper to get them in. Long term I'll fit smaller outlets that go through the holes in the bumper. It might need a new bumper, but as said thats long term stuff

Last edited:
Back