General punto gt turbo questions

Currently reading:
General punto gt turbo questions

Turbobob1

I'm in the middle of changing the head gasket on my 1993 gt1. My question is are the head bolts stretch bolts or can I reuse the ones I took out? Also I used to be a member of punto sports and they had there own gt turbo section but now I can't find it and think it's due to not even people own these cars now so the website shut down. Gutted as there was loads of help and diagrams on there... Is there a section on this forum specially for the punto gt turbo series? Thanks in advanced

The head bolts are stretch bolts you'll have to buy new ones their only £15. Good luck ?

Thanks for getting back to me. The 10 bolts I removed where 15mm hex heads and I looked on the shop for parts site and the head gasket set had 10 bolts but at a look they are Allen key heads. So does that mean my gt1 would of had the wrong bolts in... Or are these stretch bolts like the improved version. Cheers again

PuntoSports seems to be working for me atm - i not really used it since i had my GT but seems to be working to me, and being posted on still. You need to be paid up member to get at all the guides and stuff though.
There was a time a while back that i couldn't get it to work properly despite it clearly being live, was going well slow but seems to work now.

Back