General punto gt front mount intercooler HELP PLEASE

Currently reading:
General punto gt front mount intercooler HELP PLEASE

BoostGT2

can anybody help?!

i was told to get a saab NG900 intercooler for my gt ive been offerd one for £10, but its inlet/outlets it has one each side an when i looked under the car it looks like it wouldnt fit because of the position of the rad... then i saw a saab SE900 intercooler on ebay, an its outlet/inlets are on the left hand side rather close looking to where the standard GT intercooler would be.... can anybody help me tell me which one i need and also if i fit either one where does the oil cooler go as it mounts to the back of the standard intercooler.... plz help

You can use either one, the one you will have to move the rad across to fit and adjust the pipe work and the one with the inlet and outlet on the same side you can fit using the standard piping.

As for oil cooler you can mount it off the slam panel or battery tray etc.

Use either, but I found the saab one I had to be pretty pants tbh.

I fitted a Range Rover P38 IC which was pretty good considering it cost me £30. Had to move the rad over a couple of inches. Nothing major though. Fits using standard pipe work but you need to modify the post IC metal boost pipe.

I'll be putting that on ebay soon as I have just received a Forge FMIC to replace it.

as the man says ^ you will need to get some 90 bend tubes and then u can basically use all existing piping, but the rad will have to be moved only an inch or so over then oil cooler can be mounted near where the original airbox was or even behind a fog light with some cable ties.

good luck

thanks ppl, i think il look out for the one with oulet/inlet on the same side, save sum hassle theres 2 on ebay for £30 roughly so il keep an eye on them, thanks again u lot are gr8 help....... do you think they'l fit using my samco hose kit?.... dnt want it going to waste lol

i fited a pace front mount on my gt had to move the rad a few inches as few ppl said. and i used the standerd pipes just cut them down keep looking on ebay for a intercooler mate u dnt want to go to all this hassle trying to fit a different manufactuer intercooler when u can most prob find one that will fit yr car for a good price. hope this helps.

there is a land rover p38 cooler on mine which i just refurbed and easy to fit too rad moved an inch over oil cooler on front panel pipe is 51mm id and plenty available

Hi all, a quick question. What fmic allows me to retain the air conditioning radiator, and doesn't require cutting the bumper? Thank you

Back