Grande Punto Punto Grande Abarth?

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Punto Grande Abarth?

Hi, This is my first post so still learning the website.
Basically i bought a new car a few months back
1.9 Multi-jet Punto 2007
i love it. i had a 1.4 fiesta 2003 before this as my first car.
so it was a nice jump in style and power.
i will post some pictures.
what i want to know is, is this actually classed as the abarth version. it has most of the abarth extras but not sure if it is a legit abarth.

also let me know any mods you think i should do.

Thanks guys

The abarth looks significantly different especially at the front, this is a proper abarth...

AbarthGrandePunto_1.jpg

sorry im still getting to grips with posting pictures, have no idea why that just went supersize.

if i remember i think the dealer that sold it to me said that the guy that ha it from new worked for fiat. and got them to put everything on it, leather interior, duel sunroof, badges, stickers and so on.

its a lovely car, im chuffed with it.

at least no i know :)

Thanks guys

Any ideas for mods?

yeah im thinking about a remap.

want to get it done properly though so looking around £350 on a dyno i think. will be taking it to norwich if i do get it done.

i have read that if you remap these they are likely to be unreliable? (gearbox)

spent all the cash i had just to buy it, so if it breaks im screwed

thinking about a few mods,

(dont want it cheap and tacky looking)
footwell lighting. maybe a dark red.

opinions on these please? would wire it up so they come on when the car is unlocked like the interior lights.
cheap mod, which i havent seen in my area. just cant decide if its tacky.
171280.jpg

changing tax disk holder.. no biggie.

and just need some more ideas and opinions please!!!

Tbh mate a lot of mods it seems you already have! Beautiful car! Footwell lights are a nice and cheap mod to do and I like the door handle lights, not sure how you would wire them though, might have to steal that myself.

Personally to really finish the look of your car id vinyl behind the plate, look at my thread if you don't know what I'm on about! You can do it yourself and it's cheap or you could get someone else to do at still pretty cheap!

I think the first thing you could do would be to get some proper Abarth headlights ( it might just be my eyesight, you might already have them ) which look a thousand billion times better than stock lights that have been dressed in a tint vinyl

Apart from that, she's sweet man! Love those seats too! :D

Tbh mate a lot of mods it seems you already have! Beautiful car! Footwell lights are a nice and cheap mod to do and I like the door handle lights, not sure how you would wire them though, might have to steal that myself.

Personally to really finish the look of your car id vinyl behind the plate, look at my thread if you don't know what I'm on about! You can do it yourself and it's cheap or you could get someone else to do at still pretty cheap!

Thanks man, the handle lights are from halfords. only a fiver for 2 of them! but the wiring is what i was thinking about aswell. im guessing you either find a small gap and feed the wire through, or drill a small hole?? but not keen on doing that as i am a coatings inspector and work with rust and its the enemy!

they are so cheap and simple yet i have seen no cars with it. even if you search the internet you can only find 2 maybe 3 cars with it fitted. (no puntos though)

will check our your idea. thanks :) will post a picture of the back of my car aswell.

I think the first thing you could do would be to get some proper Abarth headlights ( it might just be my eyesight, you might already have them ) which look a thousand billion times better than stock lights that have been dressed in a tint vinyl

Apart from that, she's sweet man! Love those seats too! :D
thanks,

yeah the lights have like a mesh over them. from a distance they look fine. i am thinking about new headlights. would probably wait till i have the cash and do the front and back at the same time :)

Back