General Punto finally died

Currently reading:
General Punto finally died

jim whitehead

My 17 year old Punto (130 000miles) was virtually written off at an MOT recently (a local garage I know well). Corrosion was the main problem, and it would cost me more and more to repair...

Anyway I've done loads of work on it over the years... Does anyone want it for parts? happy to oblige...

I am hoping the scrappy can give me something for
smile.gif
?

The other thing... it has half a tank of fuel, does anyone know how I can drain this?

And one more thing... I have an old engine 1.2 8v, and renewed cylinder head... never used. if anyone out there wants it happy to sell for minimal price.

Contact me via this website or on 07743 626819.

Regards,

jim

Get a jerry can and the quickest way is to disconnect rhe fuel line to the fuel rail
Then bypass the fuel relay with a fused jumper wire
This is will make pump run, however u may wanna add a switch unless ur container is bigger....
Lots of fumes and a single spark could be diasterous...

Ziggy

:yeahthat:
Take care to secure additional hoses and the jerrycan.
It's probably one of the riskier things you can do with a car and the spark can come from your clothing or a handheld device. Really ultra careful.

My 17 year old Punto (130 000miles) was virtually written off at an MOT recently (a local garage I know well). Corrosion was the main problem, and it would cost me more and more to repair...

Anyway I've done loads of work on it over the years... Does anyone want it for parts? happy to oblige...

I am hoping the scrappy can give me something for
smile.gif
?

The other thing... it has half a tank of fuel, does anyone know how I can drain this?

And one more thing... I have an old engine 1.2 8v, and renewed cylinder head... never used. if anyone out there wants it happy to sell for minimal price.

Contact me via this website or on 07743 626819.

Regards,

jim
Sorry for your loss Jim:(

Back