punto audio help needed

Currently reading:
punto audio help needed

big bad bis

evening all, i just got a 2003 punto active. i went to halfords to get a new facia so i could fit my own cd player but it didnt fit, it was the right size but would not clip in, the hooks were too short. i took it back today and the guy just said "yeah man, thats a common problem!!". can anyone help as to where to get a facia that fits, i only own one tape and i am board to death of it already.:bang:

thanks

big bad bis

big bad bis said:
evening all, i just got a 2003 punto active. i went to halfords to get a new facia so i could fit my own cd player but it didnt fit, it was the right size but would not clip in, the hooks were too short. i took it back today and the guy just said "yeah man, thats a common problem!!". can anyone help as to where to get a facia that fits, i only own one tape and i am board to death of it already.:bang:

thanks

big bad bis

Do you mean the actual CD player doesn't fit or the fascia doesn't fit?

sorry, the facia fits in but doesnt clip into place. i havent tried the cd player yet :cry:

does it look ok wedged in, do you think it may work sticking it in no more nails. or maybe going to the fiat dealer?

Just force it on as hard as you can and use the metal radio cage to hold it in place. It helps if you've got a mate (or 2!) to hold it all in as you do it. I once dismantled the whole top half f the dash to see if there was a better way of making it fit with glue/screws/etc but i really dont think there is.

afternoon all,

today i went to the northampton fiat dealer. i got a nre facia plate so i could fit my own sony cd player. only 16 wing wangs.. fitted first time in less than a min. awesome.......:slayer:

Back