Tuning Punto 2001 hgt heel & toe issues. steering-wheel too big?

Currently reading:
Tuning Punto 2001 hgt heel & toe issues. steering-wheel too big?

lpwwe06

hello everyone
I want to say from the beginning I've been driving cars for 10 years now, I drive carefully and try to take the urges to the track (been only twice because where I'm from the field is still in it's diapers.) But I like to drive and I like to learn driving skills.

I always wanted to know how to heel & toe on downshifts. So I raised the gas pedal by putting a spacer on the gas pedal to match the brake pedal. but I cannot fit my foot on the gas and brake pedals as my knee bumps against the steering wheel which unfolds to be too big I think.

I am 1.93cm 26 yo and I wanted to ask maybe some of you got some suggestion or struggles with this small issue? In my country we cannot put an after-market steering wheel especially without an airbag.

Thanks.

edit:
maybe some seat modification you could suggest? I tried all stock positions

Last edited:
I had the same issues with my green HGT. I lowered the seat as far as it would go and moved it forward a centimetre or two so my legs were slightly more bent.

C8e7iUPx.jpg

My rally car however the seat was bolted to brackets on the floor and was perfect.

qr3zYXnd.jpg

Even though to use it on the road comfortably I raised the seat a little and fitted a flat bottom steering wheel.

I had the same issues with my green HGT. I lowered the seat as far as it would go and moved it forward a centimetre or two so my legs were slightly more bent.

C8e7iUPx.jpg

My rally car however the seat was bolted to brackets on the floor and was perfect.

qr3zYXnd.jpg

Even though to use it on the road comfortably I raised the seat a little and fitted a flat bottom steering wheel.
That's amazing! well I think I understand that this is pretty common for the taller fellas so I'll try what you suggested if that won't help I'll start modifying the seat with my novice welding skills haha

Will update on the project with pics if it will be necessary. Just had the interior super-cleaned took out all of the seats and pressure washed them with laundry detergent including the plastics and all, was super-dirty bought it from a dirty dog owner which cleaned the car maybe once a year.
Thinking about painting or to re-upholster the roof with black fabric, I love black roof lining on cars. :)

Back