Technical Punto 1.4 Multiair 16v GP - Engine Problem (Being sorted, hopefully)

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 1.4 Multiair 16v GP - Engine Problem (Being sorted, hopefully)

LouHem

(Linked to previous thread - (Punto Evo GP ISF Problem)
So my car has been at the garage for nearly a week and should hopefully be mended soon (Pending parts delivery!!)
Fiat have sent their engineer out to check it over and i'm getting a whole new Multiair Unit!! Not sure what that is but it sounds like something big.
Just hope it cures the problem:)

Hope they fix your car quickly.

The multiair unit is a big part, yeah. This is where the oil is used to command intake valves, solenoids are used to do this. Blueish part here :

fiat-multiair-cross-section_100196888_m.jpg

Hope they fix your car quickly.

The multiair unit is a big part, yeah. This is where the oil is used to command intake valves, solenoids are used to do this. Blueish part here :

fiat-multiair-cross-section_100196888_m.jpg

I thought that each part was bolted onto the head and not a complete unit. IE I thought you could replace each solenoid, valve, trigger and various other parts separately.

I thought that each part was bolted onto the head and not a complete unit. IE I thought you could replace each solenoid, valve, trigger and various other parts separately.

I think you can do so for some parts. But today labor is expensive, and if under waranty Fiat could prefere change the whole unit : less hassle for customer, and they can analyze the part to find the fault and correct it in future unit.

Well my car ended up at the garage for 15 days but I have eventually got it back.
Apparently the whole of the multiair unit was changed after the fiat engineer authorised it.
So far so good but it's not been cold of damp since I got it back, fingers crossed it'll be ok in the winter :)
Hoping not to have to go back to the garage for a longggggg time.

Back