Technical Punto 1,2 16V 188 2002 engine bracket

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 1,2 16V 188 2002 engine bracket

Hello everyone,

I've a problem after replacing the head gasket. The engine is assembled, and the register belt is mounted. In the specification is written the engine bracket on the left side must be mounted after the engine is assembled.

There's no space to get the lower engine bracket in place. Someone who has an idea or tips what I have to do to get the lower engine bracket in place?

Best regards from Norway 😊
Punto 1,2 16V 188 2002

I use a builders wrecking bar in one hand to lever the engine towards the battery and the other to position the bracket

1668658066083.png

I did the same, but no sucess to get the bracket in place from the top. The belts are mounted. From which side do you got the bracket in place, bottom, top, front- or backside?

I was successfully today, the engine bracket is in place. As you told me I used a wrecking bar with wooden peaces between to avoid damages. The bracket must be guided from the top behind the engine, not from the frond in my opinion. With the smalest part of the engine bracket down and over the alignment wheel. Yes, the bolt in the middle is terrible, but I use several tools different in length to get the bolt in place. Now I'm ready with the engine so far, mounting the intake manifold. Thanks a lot! Best regards from Norway 😊👍

Back