Styling Progress on my punto JTD

Currently reading:
Styling Progress on my punto JTD

PuntoELX029.jpg

Black plasic on door taken off

PuntoELX028.jpg

Door Strip off, Still other bit to take off

PuntoELX032.jpg

Glue to remove... any suggestions of an easy way to get it off the other side of the door?

PuntoELX030.jpg

Again glue!!

Could someone suggest some solution to get the glue off and the remainder of the black plastic?

Fizz up a bottle of coke and pour is over the glue, then wipe off wipe damp soft cloth (damp with water not coke)
normaly works, not sure on the glue they've used though..

make sure you hose the car down after using the coke though other wise it may stick to the car & dont use the coke when it's ever hot wither otherwise it may burn onto the car. (y)

Cheers for that, My dad suggested White spirit and hey presto it worked. doesnt damage the paint as well. makes the clue softer and with abit of elbow grease it all came off.

Cheers for that, My dad suggested White spirit and hey presto it worked. doesnt damage the paint as well. makes the clue softer and with abit of elbow grease it all came off.

go to halford get some "AUTO GLYM TAR REMOVER" pour it on ther and rub hard with a cloth will come off with ease, did same to my punto mate

Cheers, i think it makes it stand out better without the black plastic strips. got an halfords pen now to get ride of the scratches and chips

Back