Technical Problems with Proxi Alignment: Failed to connect to Body Computer (BCM)

Currently reading:
Technical Problems with Proxi Alignment: Failed to connect to Body Computer (BCM)

fenofonts

FFS Fiat 500!
Hi,

My wife's Fiat 500 Pop 2019 came with the most basic radio, and we have upgraded to a used Uconnect Nav 5". It all works fine, except for the flashing odometer, of course.

With MultiECUScan, I have some trouble:
I can do a vehicle scan and get the following:

Engine / ECM
UNKNOWN/UNSUPPORTED
ISO Code: 00 01 50 55 17
VIN code: ZFA3120000JB85609
Hardware number: MM9GFHWN01 - Ver: 00
Software number: 5Q43FADR - Ver: 0000

Body / BCM (Body Computer Module)
Body Computer Delphi (312)
ISO Code: 00 00 60 15 14
Hardware number: 0312N8E4101 - Ver: 01
Software number: 28676701 - Ver: 1702
Errors found:
B10AA-4A - PROXI configuration control - Incorrect component installed <<< THIS IS WHAT I AM TRYING TO FIX
U1705-87 - Receiver Radio (NRR) - Missing message

ABS / ABS/BSM (Brake System Module)
Bosch ABS 9 ESP
ISO Code: 00 06 50 E2 14
Hardware number: 0265956488 - Ver: 00
Software number: 1267993940 - Ver: 0107
Errors found:
U0001-88 - C-CAN line error - Bus OFF

Electric Steering / EPS (Electric Steering Module)
Delphi Electric Steering
ISO Code: 31 83 A2 8A B5
Hardware number: 38237129002 - Ver: 00
Software number: 2823361402A - Ver: 0241

However, when I try to run CAN Setup / PROXI Alignment Procedure (2014+), I always get:

CONNECTION FAILED
Failed to connect to Body Computer (BCM)
Check your cable and serial port settings

I am confused, as the cable seems to be working - I managed to complete the scan, for instance, and many other parts of MES work.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Hi :)

Do you have any readings from before the swap?

Its not impossible some of that was there before..but unseen
Unfortunately not. I only started researching on ELM and MultiECUScan once I saw the odometer flashing.

I am currently wondering if my Uconnect 5 may be from a different vehicle (perhaps a 500L) and therefore has different settings.

One more thing: I don't have the yellow adapter. I am connecting the ELM 327 directly to the port, as it seems to fit perfectly. I am guessing this is not the cause, as I can connect to some of the features.

One more thing: I don't have the yellow adapter. I am connecting the ELM 327 directly to the port, as it seems to fit perfectly. I am guessing this is not the cause, as I can connect to some of the features.
Hi I am no expert here but I believe you will need a cable adaptor to do the body computer. The elm direct will not allow you to do it.
I want do something similar but understand I need one of the other cables to access the correct pins in the port. The ELM will not do that but only does the engine and basic readouts.
Jaahn

Hi I am no expert here but I believe you will need a cable adaptor to do the body computer. The elm direct will not allow you to do it.
I want do something similar but understand I need one of the other cables to access the correct pins in the port. The ELM will not do that but only does the engine and basic readouts.
Jaahn
I'm no expert either but think I've heard it said always use the cable

Simple answer, you need the yellow cable.
The listing of components is what is stored in the computer, and available through the basic ELM. But then trying to interrogate individual components, or make adjustments, will need the adaptor cables.
Thanks! I was confused, as in one of the YouTube videos Love500 mentions you can connect direct. And because I was getting some readings, I assumed I didn't need the yellow.

I bought the yellow adapter, and today managed to align things. I needed to do a byte 123 change which fixed the stereo (and the flashing odometer), but triggered ABS warning. I then made a byte 79 change which seems to have solved things.

Thanks to all who chipped in with ideas.

I am glad you have fixed your problem now.
Just a warning from my limited experience. Those unusual problems shown reported in the first scan you did were most likely cause by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting. I have seen similar faults on my scan report after having disconnected the battery. You should always do a scan for codes and then clear codes to get rid of silly residual codes the modules have from battery reconnection. That happens also if the battery gets low and you try to start and the voltage goes very low and sets silly codes in modules that need to be cleared to run properly again.

This can happen with all modern cars. Check the battery voltage first if there are unusual warnings or lights on the dash and then fix that problem. Then clear the codes to remove any pending problems. It has happened recently to my Renault when the wife left the lights on for 45mins at the school and it refused to start because the computer had logged a brake failure, ESP failure and cruise control on ?? and would not allow starter operation. After jump starting it then would not allow gear engagement till the code and warning message was cleared.
Jaahn

Last edited:
Back