General problem with petrol cap on fiat uno

Currently reading:
General problem with petrol cap on fiat uno

wonderstar_arb

Hi.

I recently bought a fiat uno. The other day after filling up, I found the cap a little difficult to lock, so gave it a good hard turn and it worked. However, the next time I came to open it the key turned round and round but didn't unlock the cap. Any ideas? I need to sort it soon, as I only have a quarter of a tank of petrol left!
I hope no-one has asked this question already. If so, sorry for bothering you all!

Thanks,

Angela

sounds to me like the lock has had it your best off getting a new cap (shop around as i just got my sister a new generic (non-OEM) one for her Ka and i had one indepentent quote £15 and the other £6

as for removing the old cap your going to have a job best option is to probably use a hole cutter to drill the plasitc out round the lock

i know this has nothing to do with the lock, but i find it difficult to put fuel in my ut well actually both uts!! i have to do it really slow or it leaks everywhere, can anybody help me?:bang: cat

i push it in as far as it will go but still have the same probs, oh well ill have to learn to b patiant

Hi.

I recently bought a fiat uno. The other day after filling up, I found the cap a little difficult to lock, so gave it a good hard turn and it worked. However, the next time I came to open it the key turned round and round but didn't unlock the cap. Any ideas? I need to sort it soon, as I only have a quarter of a tank of petrol left!
I hope no-one has asked this question already. If so, sorry for bothering you all!

Thanks,

Angela

Simplest way is to get a flat bladed screwdriver and force it into the lock. With a bit of luck you should then be able to turn the screw driver to release the cap. You'll need another cap to replace it with though.

As for filling, I never have a problem with my 45S. The petrol nozzle goes all the way in no problem. :confused:

Back