General problem with petrol cap on fiat uno

Currently reading:
General problem with petrol cap on fiat uno

wonderstar_arb

Hi.

I recently bought a fiat uno. The other day after filling up, I found the cap a little difficult to lock, so gave it a good hard turn and it worked. However, the next time I came to open it the key turned round and round but didn't unlock the cap. Any ideas? I need to sort it soon, as I only have a quarter of a tank of petrol left!
I hope no-one has asked this question already. If so, sorry for bothering you all!

Thanks,

Angela

Andy Monty

Staff member
sounds to me like the lock has had it your best off getting a new cap (shop around as i just got my sister a new generic (non-OEM) one for her Ka and i had one indepentent quote £15 and the other £6

as for removing the old cap your going to have a job best option is to probably use a hole cutter to drill the plasitc out round the lock

catbez

i know this has nothing to do with the lock, but i find it difficult to put fuel in my ut well actually both uts!! i have to do it really slow or it leaks everywhere, can anybody help me?:bang: cat

faster4_tec

Burninator of threads!
push it in further, then just got to be really careful pulling it back out. the angle is all wrong for filling up, not steep enough basically. time and patiance will avoid petrol stained pants (n)

catbez

i push it in as far as it will go but still have the same probs, oh well ill have to learn to b patiant

Hi.

I recently bought a fiat uno. The other day after filling up, I found the cap a little difficult to lock, so gave it a good hard turn and it worked. However, the next time I came to open it the key turned round and round but didn't unlock the cap. Any ideas? I need to sort it soon, as I only have a quarter of a tank of petrol left!
I hope no-one has asked this question already. If so, sorry for bothering you all!

Thanks,

Angela

Simplest way is to get a flat bladed screwdriver and force it into the lock. With a bit of luck you should then be able to turn the screw driver to release the cap. You'll need another cap to replace it with though.

As for filling, I never have a problem with my 45S. The petrol nozzle goes all the way in no problem. :confused: