General Problem with my Cinq Sporting

Currently reading:
General Problem with my Cinq Sporting

Cinqsporting96

Hello there,

I would be grateful if someone could help in such away that the little minor problem i have with my Cinq Sporting.

The problem is that when i am driving it, when l try to use the revs it won'y go above 3k as it feels like a flat spot...

The bit l can't unerstand is that when the car is stationary it will rev normally, but it is just when l am driving it... I am getting the exhaust replaced as it is quite beyond repair. blowing in a few places.

I have read recently on here, that resetting the ECU may cure it is this true??? or could it be my Catalytic Converter?

I would very much appreciate your help!!!

Regards,
Lee

custard boy said:
what state of sercvicing is it in?plugs,filter etc?
has it been like this for a while?
to reset the ecu just disconnect the battery for an hour

I'll try it now, i will go and disconnect the battery and leave it for an hour...I will let you know the outcome.

Giggz said:
are you getting the red injector light coming on? when you get to 3k revs?

What would this mean if it did? as im still having a problem with mine (its in the garage after replacing ALL sensors and TB, oh and coils, plugs, leads... and resetting the ECU lol i think that’s all) but this happens to mine... im sorry to add my own problem to someone else’s thread! But i don’t know wot els to do, its been going on for about a month now :bang:

But yea, I get this when I pull away, its like the fuel isnt being put in to the engin, and it judders, and at about 2/2.5k my injector light comes on. but btw guys, this ONLY happnens when the car is at normal running temp!...wot does this mean?

Thanks

Last edited:
Pras83 said:
Have you tried a new fuel filter ?

Maybe Fuel pump...

If this is to me then, I don’t see how it can be...as it ONLY happens when it’s at normal running temp, lol. But I think I will change the pump.

Any other suggestions would be great please.

Thanks (y)

why did the garage replace all the sensors?

If the injection light is coming on, it means the ECU is logging a fault code. Once its done that, you just connect it to the correct diagnostic equipment and it'll read the error back to you.

I suspect its the coolant temperature sensor in the inlet manifold, or the lambda sensor.

arc said:
why did the garage replace all the sensors?

If the injection light is coming on, it means the ECU is logging a fault code. Once its done that, you just connect it to the correct diagnostic equipment and it'll read the error back to you.

I suspect its the coolant temperature sensor in the inlet manifold, or the lambda sensor.

lol, they didn’t mate, i changed all the sensors, and ive done lambda and temp sensor in the manifold lol along with throttle position, the water sensor in the TB, MAP, TDC, ive even swapped the whole TB and still it happens, and still the injector light comes on, oh and ive reset the ecu about 7 times, i only put it to a garage cos i didn’t know wot els to do, they’ve run it on the diagnostic equipment and it said coils :S , so i changed those again (with new ones) ...and nothing!

Are you saying i should run it until the problems start, and then get the guy to run it on the diagnostic stuff. cos i think i reset the ECU before i took it to him...

Cheers tho man, any other ideas would be great, cos i don’t know wot to do next :cry:

did you change both coils ?

These engines act different when cold and when warm. For example, the lambda sensor is ignored when cold - so if that is faulty, it will only show when then engine is warm. Where did you get the new lambda from, is it a proper bosch one, and you didnt drop it or anything did you!! The coils could be affected by the heat from the engine. How does it rev in neutral.

If you could get the light to come on, and then re-run it on the diagnostic equipment that should help narrow it down.

Mine was doing this when the crank sensor was knackered. The wire was crushed under the airbox.

Italian Coke Can said:
Mine was doing this when the crank sensor was knackered. The wire was crushed under the airbox.

And did a new one just fix it...?

Ive replaced that and ive still got it :bang:

I’m getting a call from the garage 2moz morning, I will let u guys know the result!

Thanks (y)

Yep. We tried new plugs & coil packs. Checked the air and fuel filters, swapped the other sensors and reset the ECU and got nowhere.

Whacked in a new crank sensor and it was back to full health.

Used bugger all petrol being restricted to 3,000rpm.

It's the thicker wire that runs over the cambelt cover. Not the oil sensor, or it's housing wire.

The sensor picks up off the bottom of the cam belt. Could be worth a try, but i'm not saying that it is this.

crank / tdc sensor

Attachments

• crank_sensor.jpg
    crank_sensor.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 21
F0055189513 SENDING UNIT £31.43

You're bucks, so you might be close to Aylesbury perry's.

Unbolt the old one and replace. Easy.

Back