Grande Punto Problem removing power supply connector from standard Blaupunkt head unit

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Problem removing power supply connector from standard Blaupunkt head unit

Robearl1977

I am trying to remove the power supply iso plug from the back of the head unit, but it won’t budge. I have released the little plastic tabs, as I attempt to pull the plug clear, it gets around halfway out and then it tilts a bit and won’t come out any further. I don’t want to force it to much but I have already used more force than it should need to release, am I missing something? Has anyone else had the same problem? Any ideas would be appreciated.

I had the plastic tabs pulled away from the ISO connector, thinking that they were separate to retain the ISO connector once it was inserted. I used one of the head unit removal keys and squeezed the tabs against the ISO connector and pulled upwards and it released straight away. It was my mistake that I didn’t realise that the tabs were part of the connector. I thought that maybe the pins were corroded and it was being held in place. Sorted in the end, just frustrating over something so daft.

Back