Technical Problem: Excessive fuel consumption

Currently reading:
Technical Problem: Excessive fuel consumption

I was having problems with my 1.6 16valve starting then dying straight away when hot, also cutting out at roundabouts and idling erratically, ie up to 2000 rpm etc

All i did was adjust the throttle cable, it was sprung and had a clip keeping it in place, i just pulled the white screw thing back a bit and moved the clip forward, hey presto!

I know there must still be a problem somewhere but it now gives me time to save up and get it looked at without it cutting out all the time, it idles perfectly, hasnt cut out since i did it, although when hot it still tries to cut out on start up but claws its way back before it does, then it runs ok.:slayer:

Yeah, seems like it but as you know i was having problems finding the connection in the engine bay, i shall find it one day! lol

My mate had lambda problems on his golf, he just cut the wire and is still driving around today without it connected.

I will get it fixed, when i can afford it :D

Well, ive found the connection and disconnected it (with much pain to my thumb), will see if that makes any difference.

Now i just have to fix the other 99 problems i have lol :D

Back