Technical [Problem] Engine swap -> relay failure

Currently reading:
Technical [Problem] Engine swap -> relay failure

BooT

hi

recently my punto's engine (1108cc) died so I had to replace it with a new one. I bought a cheap uno 1108 engine and fitted the punto 75 head. left it with single injector and closed the 4 injector holes on the intake manifold.

all went nice and well, until the engine starting part. connected all the wires, sensors and cables, batery, oil, didn't connect the water pipes 'cause few of them are different and don't fit, as well as a couple of vaccum pipes. never the less i just wanted to check that everything was ok... but it wasn't.

as soon as i flipped the key and turned the ignition, the engine relay (a white 15 pin relay) just kept going on and off very quickly. still, i tried to start the engine but no fuel was injected. the relay controls the fuel pump, injector and 2 or 3 other things.

after that i realised that one cable was disconnected. it's a 20cm thick red wire with 2 round terminals, the one that goes from the alternator to the starter motor. could this be the cause? any other ideas?

it's not a ground problem, since there's one ground point on the intake manifold, one on the gearbox and another one on the chassis next to the battery

update

problem half solved. the cable from the starter motor to the alternator did solve the on and off part, but now it's always on even if the key is not on the ignition.

how many cables are connected to the starter motor and the alternator?

Back